What The?? Nobody cared... Dirt is out?

Old July 18th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

Default What The?? Nobody cared... Dirt is out?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:51:20 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:

>I read that the PC version has StarForce. I guess they are one of the few
>that haven't learned. That x's it off my list right off the bat.
>
>-Larry

Which game? GTR2? GTL does but not GTR2.
Old July 18th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:14:50 -0600, PW
> wrote:

>I installed a replacement Lite-On DVD-RW and a Lite-On CD-RW and
>things have been great since so I am not going to mess with my system
>no more!
>
>Thanks!

OK, but I don't see why you need two RW drives. RW drives are known to
be problematic with copy protection schemes beyond just Starforce.
It's better to have one RW drive and one plain DVD drive. It's your
choice though.
Old July 18th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:13:38 -0400, Michael Sisson > wrote:

>The developer has said that AI is next on the list of things to work on.
>

>MRSisson

Hmm, thanks for that. I'll wait until they fix the AI before I buy it.
Old July 20th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW[_2_]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:30:31 GMT, Gladiator > wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:14:50 -0600, PW
> wrote:
>

>>I installed a replacement Lite-On DVD-RW and a Lite-On CD-RW and
>>things have been great since so I am not going to mess with my system
>>no more!
>>
>>Thanks!

>OK, but I don't see why you need two RW drives. RW drives are known to
>be problematic with copy protection schemes beyond just Starforce.
>It's better to have one RW drive and one plain DVD drive. It's your
>choice though.

Huh. Good Question! I guess I was thinking one for recording DVDs
and one for recording CDs. I'd like to make backups of my original
ones just in case, especially CDs because I have ruined many in my
truck on dirt roads and would only bring my backup CDs with me. I
don't think I really need to backup DVDs so good point. I don't have
a DVD vid-cam.

Oh well, I am not going to mess with my hardware any more than I have
too.

Maybe I will have a couple nips of courage one night and install Dirt
after backing up but may regret installing Starforce!

-pw
Old July 20th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:00:10 -0600, PW
> wrote:

>Huh. Good Question! I guess I was thinking one for recording DVDs
>and one for recording CDs. I'd like to make backups of my original
>ones just in case, especially CDs because I have ruined many in my
>truck on dirt roads and would only bring my backup CDs with me. I
>don't think I really need to backup DVDs so good point. I don't have
>a DVD vid-cam.
>
>Oh well, I am not going to mess with my hardware any more than I have
>too.
>
>Maybe I will have a couple nips of courage one night and install Dirt
>after backing up but may regret installing Starforce!
>
>-pw

DVD-RW's burn cd's too. If you need to copy a cd you put the one cd in
the DVD-RW drive to be copied and it stores the data to an image file
on the HDD and then uses that image file to burn a new copy.
Afterwards the software will delete that image file on the HDD if you
set it to do that in the options. Only need one DVD-RW to do
everything you want.
Old July 21st 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:25:57 GMT, Gladiator > wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:00:10 -0600, PW
> wrote:
>

>>Huh. Good Question! I guess I was thinking one for recording DVDs
>>and one for recording CDs. I'd like to make backups of my original
>>ones just in case, especially CDs because I have ruined many in my
>>truck on dirt roads and would only bring my backup CDs with me. I
>>don't think I really need to backup DVDs so good point. I don't have
>>a DVD vid-cam.
>>
>>Oh well, I am not going to mess with my hardware any more than I have
>>too.
>>
>>Maybe I will have a couple nips of courage one night and install Dirt
>>after backing up but may regret installing Starforce!
>>
>>-pw

>DVD-RW's burn cd's too. If you need to copy a cd you put the one cd in
>the DVD-RW drive to be copied and it stores the data to an image file
>on the HDD and then uses that image file to burn a new copy.
>Afterwards the software will delete that image file on the HDD if you
>set it to do that in the options. Only need one DVD-RW to do
>everything you want.

My system came with both so I replace both. I did not even know about
Starforce when I bought it!

Oh well, like I said - not for one game am I going to mess with my
hardware. I am just going to do some research before buying any
software that has Starforce attached with it.

Thanks!

-pw

4x4 dirt racing test driver 4x4 0 January 11th 07 09:30 PM
both solving now, Gavin and Zack cared the lower colleges under cold counter Gavin D. Von Helsing Technology 0 January 14th 05 10:46 PM
it cared, you behaved, yet Blanche never partly changed outside the hall [email protected] Technology 0 January 14th 05 08:47 PM
Some Cheep SOB Dirt Bag HarryS Jeep 39 December 9th 04 04:17 AM