Where is all the GTR2 Traffic?

Old September 27th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default Where is all the GTR2 Traffic?

That's my point. The Momo is supported in the game by simple device
selection, yet it doesn't work correctly. And apparantly hasn't for many
years.

Why can't they get this right? Is Gmotor simply defective in this regard?

-Larry

. ..

Old September 27th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

It look ok on the controller menu, but in actual game the problem occurs.

I started complaining about this back when rFactor was first released.

-Larry

Old September 27th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

I picked it up during lunch time. See everyone online tonight!

Pat Dotson

Old September 28th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Simpson

> Ditto here as well, I do not see that with my original red MOMO Force, and
> F1Challenge 99-02

It might be confined to the black momo and the DFP. I own both and they
both give less throttle travel if I assign the throttle pedal first.

Old October 3rd 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Blankenship[_1_]

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Dean Purdy" > wrote in message
>> Oops, bad link. Try this:
>>
>> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1152837304703
>>

>> --
>> See ya in the pits,
>> Dean
>>
>> I have a terrible memory. In fact my memory's so bad I can't remember how
>> long it's been since I've forgotten anything.
>>
>> "Dean Purdy" > wrote in message
>>> "...new 22" widescreen already on the way..."
>>>
>>> Steve, would that be the new Samsung?
>>> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....152837304703If
>>> so please let us know how you like it, as I'm thinking about
>>> grabbingone. TIA See ya in the pits,
>>> DeanI have a terrible memory. In fact my memory's so bad I can't
>>> remember howlong it's been since I've forgotten anything.
>>>

> Yup, that's the one. Widest thing I have desk space for, and only 1/2"
> wider at the case than my big old (dead) 21" Dell CRT. Killer price point
> they're hitting with that; there are cheaper ones but the Samsung looks to
> be the only 22" out right now with an 8-bit panel. The color banding on
> 6-bit panels always annoys me. Not much info out on them yet but you can
> find a review here and there; looks to be best for gaming and general use,
> maybe not the best for Artwork. Should be a good match for my purposes.
> A review: http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=336&p=1
>
> Should have it in a couple of days - will let you know how it goes.
>
> SB

Just a followup to my promise to get back on the 225BW. Pretty much what I
expected, a good gaming monitor but not top shelf in terms of
graphics/text/color reproduction. Color sucked out of the box but with some
teaking it's OK; only other issue is backlight bleed at the top/botom edges
of the screen which you only notice in a dark room with near or black
screen. Good bang for the buck if you're looking for screen real estate for
gaming - compared to my Dell/Sony 21" CRT the screen's 1/4" shorter and
2&3/4" wider. Pared it up with a 7900GTX I picked up used to replace my
7800GTX; that was an eye-opener. Not anywhere near the improvement in
performance I was hoping to see, and the IQ was initially better on the
former. That may be a driver issue since I upgraded (?) from the 81.98's to
the 91.47's with the card swap. Still tweaking...

SB

Old October 5th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dean Purdy

Thanks for the update Steve. As I spend a lot more time in Photoshop than I
do gaming, I may just have to scratch that monitor off my list. Gonna go to
CompUSA and see if I can take one for a test drive before making a final
decision though. Appreciate your comments. :-)