2006 330xi - I don't want the run-flat tires. Can do?

Old July 11th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

Default 2006 330xi - I don't want the run-flat tires. Can do?

In article >,
daytripper > wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:19:19 +0000 (UTC), (Richard
>Sexton) wrote:
>
>>You're making this much more complicated than it needs to be.
>>
>>I use blizzaks or hakka's in the winter which are utterly superb and
>>baby we get some kinds snow up here.
>>
>>I use Michelens in the winter.

Summer. Summer dammit. Oopsie.

--
Need Mercedes parts?
http://parts.mbz.org
Old July 11th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bfd

Mike Mayer wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded.
>
> I did hear back from the BMW dealer, and they say that even if you remove
> the plastic tub bolted to the bottom of the new 3 series trunk, there is
> still no room for a spare tire. DOH!
>
> Can anyone confirm this (without tearing out your plastic tub)?
>
> If I really want to ditch the runflats, I will still need a spare regardless
> of whether I go with summers, all-seasons, or winters. Maybe I just plop
> the spare in the trunk. Yeah, 30 extra pounds of rubber and rim, but, I get
> peace of mind.
>
> Bimmer should really have given the buyer a choice. Ah well.

Agree, it a shame. Your best bet is to get do like the M cars and get
yourself an M Mobility System Kit. I think its basically a can of tire
sealant, but at least you'll have that should the runflat tires die on
you in the middle of nowhere, USA.

Hopefully, runflats won't be the TRX tires of the 21st Century!

Old July 11th 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike Mayer

ROTFL!