RASCAR: It's 2:15 and I still don't know where or what the hell we are racing...

Old February 7th 05, 07:07 PM
Tony Rickard

"David G Fisher" wrote:

> No, he's not really sloppy. He says I wreck, so I say he's sloppy.

Which just about sums it up. In my brief affair with Rascar (brief for no
more sinister reason that the times didn't suit me and I'm really not a very
good Nascar driver) in those brief moments I could race with you guys before
I totalled my tyres or got out of synch with pit strategy I would happily
race with either. It was purely (in my view) a personal thing which I doubt
will be buried (you have a choice which real life drivers probably
wouldn't).

To be honest I see no winners or losers here and RAS probably doesn't give a
stuff who wrecked who. Regurgitating it and re-analysing it will never come
to any real conclusion other than you don't get on.

One of the downsides of sim racing is the ability to make instant comments
and wreck cars at no cost. Drivers in real racing may hate each other on
track and even some time after but not have the opportunity to vent their
feelings until after a cooling down period and some words of advice from the
team. Deliberate wrecking to get revenge would not be viewed kindly by the
team boss who has to pay for it.

I remember seeing BTCC drivers John Thompson and Jason Plato (two very good
friends) having a right old go in the pits. Yet it stopped there because
they went their separate ways, didn't have a chat room to wind it up and
cooled down to remain good mates and put it all behind them.

Once heat of the moment insults develop into chat room slagging matches
there seems little going back...

Old February 7th 05, 09:25 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:07:22 GMT, Tony Rickard wrote:

> Once heat of the moment insults develop into chat room slagging matches
> there seems little going back...

hear hear! nice post, tony; thanks!
uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old February 7th 05, 10:34 PM
Mitch_A

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:07:22 GMT, Tony Rickard wrote:
>>
>> Once heat of the moment insults develop into chat room slagging matches
>> there seems little going back...

> hear hear! nice post, tony; thanks!
> uwe

As always a voice of reason.
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 8th 05, 12:05 AM
David G Fisher

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
k...
> "David G Fisher" wrote:
> Once heat of the moment insults develop into chat room slagging matches
> there seems little going back...

Alot of what you say is true.

Bottom line is though, he can call me any name he wants and say I'm a crap
driver......none of that will bother me a bit.

If he says or implies that I wreck (which is a form of cheating) than I'm
going to reply. I've been corresponding with some people on this newsgroup
for eight years now (like yourself), and I'm not going to let garbage like
that just slide by because that kind of nonsense can sometimes stick.
--
David G Fisher

Old February 8th 05, 01:04 AM
fredrickson

> If he says or implies that I wreck (which is a form of cheating) than I'm
> going to reply. I've been corresponding with some people on this newsgroup
> for eight years now (like yourself), and I'm not going to let garbage like
> that just slide by because that kind of nonsense can sometimes stick.

The only true wrecker on RASCAR was Mitch because his goddamn ultra
liberal ass couldnt tolerate my different political views
Old February 8th 05, 02:05 PM

Good Heavens!

All this from a simple question (admidittedly showing a little
frustration - sorry) ?

To the poster that took this WAY off topic - Please start your own

-Larry