Tire Stores and lug nut torque settings

Old February 28th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

Default Tire Stores and lug nut torque settings

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:43:17 -0600, Jeep America #1 >
wrote:

>you just cant leave well enough alone can you punk fraud
>
>things are going great this week in this group and then you have to be
>a troll
>
>if you had any honor youd leave this group but you dont so youll just
>stay here to stir crap up
>

>Pink ? Freud > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:48:23 -0800, Socks wrote:
>>
>>> Haha hoho! what a knee slapper!
>>> Yaawwn...

>>And boilerplate that's been around for years, just fill in the topic.
>>
>>After our China-chat elsewhere last night, I said I'd see you here --
>>well, here I am, and so are you!
>>
>>Different nym, though, for Hughes- and Jerkie-bashing mostly.
>>
>>Have a good one, eh?
>>
>>PF
>>(aka SW, he whispered....)

Jerk Off America #1?
Go Jerk Off America you inbred hillbilly American **** wad!
Go hand **** Bill Hughes you man lover!
Rainbows are for you!
Once you are done hand ****ing Bill, why don't you suck off an
American Classic like a Clint Eastwood Special! a 44 Magnum with a
hollow point ready to end our misery!
Go on, you can do it!
Feel guilty for all the sins you have committed against your Bible!
Little boys, little boys, little boys.
I bet you pull up one of their shorts pant legs and try and insert
your little three inch pee pee into your victims poopy hole!
(Getting hard just thinking about it aren't you?)
Your man milk must be just starting to ooze over the thought of
plugging a little Alter boy.
Oh, I can only imagine how that pre teen hit those high notes.
You probably have him wearing the statutory private knee socks,
Heather grey I spelt that Canadian for you so you could learn another
language! Shorts and white button up shirt!
And slip it in... Not... It's not even long enough to get past a
preteens ass... Then you come all over the palm of your hand!
Something you are used to anyway!
How much fur do you have on the palm of your hand?
Enough for a to feel like a full grown woman's vagina is going down
on you?
Oh, I forgot, you like the smooth ass of a young man! and a hairless
rectum.
PUMP,PUMP,PUMP, my monkey went spunk!
Now I want to feltch you and retrieve all the evidence!
Old February 28th 09, 11:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:05:40 -0600, "Old Crow" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
ing.com...

>>> Think the difference between 95 and 60 or less. That means when you put
>>> 95 on wet, you 'really' are putting more like 140 or more on them. This
>>> stretches them and can damage rims. I have seen more than one rim with
>>> worn out holes from overtorquing like this also.
>>>
>>> I mean just go look it up for your own education so you know the 'real'
>>> answer before you start snapping waterpump and head bolts.
>>>
>>> Unless you think a poster with a fake name from Animal house, the movie,
>>> is telling you the gospel truth. Folks like that are called trolls,
>>> they spout total bull**** to see what kind of a reaction they can get.
>>> Welcome to Usenet...
>>>
>>> Mike

>>Mike, I was reinstalling a head on a Dodge Rampage yesterday. It's the
>>2.2l
>>ohc motor. Book called for the headbolts to be cleaned and threads oiled
>>as
>>well as the underside of the bolt heads.

> That's certainly legit, but in that case GM computed the torque
> specifications assuming that they were lubricated, not dry. Not the
> same thing as torquing a fastener with a dry specified torque when it
> has been lubricated.

I got to tell you, the spec was 3 passes. First at 30, second at 45 and
then an additional 90*. By the time I got the third pass done, those bolts
were *tight*. This was a 10mm bolt, and I was really sweating the first
couple of them.

>> Also a couple of the bolts go
>>into the water jacket and they require sealer on them.
>>Also, as a GM tech for 18 years, I've always put teflon sealer on the
>>headbolts of every small block I've ever built and torqued them to factory
>>specs.
>>Oh, and I use anti-sieze on my own personal lug nuts, run 'em down with a
>>1/2" impact

> Do you use a torque stick?

If I'm at work. If I'm home I don't have the torque stick, but my compressor
only builds 130 lbs, and the impact I have at home is one I retired from
work(meaning 'old and worn out'). I don't keep hammering on the nuts after
they quit turning, and I usually double check 'em with a torque wrench.
Being in the rust belt, I'd think you'd swear by anti-seize.<g>
--
Old Crow
'82 FLTC 'Pearl'

Old February 28th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

Good advice.
Although I have never had a lug nut loosen due to using "Copper slip"
or "Molly slip" anti seize lubricant on the threads of the wheel studs
after applying the manufacture's recomended torque setting!
Old February 28th 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PeterD

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 05:38:44 -0600, "Old Crow" >
wrote:

>"PeterD" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:05:40 -0600, "Old Crow" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
ting.com...

>>>Mike, I was reinstalling a head on a Dodge Rampage yesterday. It's the
>>>2.2l
>>>ohc motor. Book called for the headbolts to be cleaned and threads oiled
>>>as
>>>well as the underside of the bolt heads.

>> That's certainly legit, but in that case GM computed the torque
>> specifications assuming that they were lubricated, not dry. Not the
>> same thing as torquing a fastener with a dry specified torque when it
>> has been lubricated.

>I got to tell you, the spec was 3 passes. First at 30, second at 45 and
>then an additional 90*. By the time I got the third pass done, those bolts
>were *tight*. This was a 10mm bolt, and I was really sweating the first
>couple of them.

Been there, done that! It takes a certain amount of fortitude to do
that additional 90* twist!

>>> Also a couple of the bolts go
>>>into the water jacket and they require sealer on them.
>>>Also, as a GM tech for 18 years, I've always put teflon sealer on the
>>>headbolts of every small block I've ever built and torqued them to factory
>>>specs.
>>>Oh, and I use anti-sieze on my own personal lug nuts, run 'em down with a
>>>1/2" impact

>> Do you use a torque stick?

>If I'm at work. If I'm home I don't have the torque stick, but my compressor
>only builds 130 lbs, and the impact I have at home is one I retired from
>work(meaning 'old and worn out'). I don't keep hammering on the nuts after
>they quit turning, and I usually double check 'em with a torque wrench.
>Being in the rust belt, I'd think you'd swear by anti-seize.<g>

I do, I do! I keep four different kinds of anti-seize on my bench for
different fasteners. And I use it on lug nuts. But, unlike the poster
who didn't realize the implications of using it, I comphensate for the
anti-seize. I always use a torque stick, but my impact wrench (an
IR-231) doesn't limit well. I use a stick below the desired torque the
finish 'em off with the torque wrench.

Old February 28th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeep America #1[_5_]

settle down spaz boy

your mental and need to seek help

even though your in canada so itll take you nine months to get into
see the doctor unless you do what all the smart canadians do and come
down to the united states for treatment

Old March 3rd 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tomes

"DougW" ...
> /ramjw\__
> .:\:\:/:/.
> ( ~ ~ ):
> .-------------------.\ = o /
> | PLEASE DO NOT |( (_) )
> | FEED THE TROLLS |/`-----'\_
> `-------------------' / \(O)
> | | / /|_____|/U
> | | \_/ / \ \
> | | ( ( ) )
> | | _\,,\ /,,/_
> ,|/./\/|.\| ,|/./.(_____V_____)/

I like this.
Tomes
Old March 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Tomes wrote:
> "DougW" ...
>> /ramjw\__
>> .:\:\:/:/.
>> ( ~ ~ ):
>> .-------------------.\ = o /
>> | PLEASE DO NOT |( (_) )
>> | FEED THE TROLLS |/`-----'\_
>> `-------------------' / \(O)
>> ,|/./\/|.\| ,|/./.(_____V_____)/
>>

> I like this.

That's a .357 he's pointing.
if you use a bigger o it could be a .454

--
DougW

Old March 3rd 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

Only in america
Old March 4th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

DougW wrote:
> Tomes wrote:
>> "DougW" ...
>>> /ramjw\__
>>> .:\:\:/:/.
>>> ( ~ ~ ):
>>> .-------------------.\ = o /
>>> `-------------------' / \(O)
>>> ,|/./\/|.\| ,|/./.(_____V_____)/
>>>

>> I like this.

> That's a .357 he's pointing.
> if you use a bigger o it could be a .454

But then you could get a ticket for using a .45 in a .35 zone.
Old March 4th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Craig Scheiner

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:23:03 -0800, Lon wrote
(in article >):

> DougW wrote:
>> Tomes wrote:
>>> "DougW" ...
>>>>

>>> I like this.

>> That's a .357 he's pointing.
>> if you use a bigger o it could be a .454
>>

> But then you could get a ticket for using a .45 in a .35 zone.

Isn't a 454 a chevy big block, not a gun? Oh, sorry. This used to be a jeep
group.
Craig

If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Chrysler 0 April 21st 08 12:57 PM
Intake manifold torque settings goodnigh Ford Mustang 3 August 25th 07 07:11 AM
torque wrench settings pad Technology 0 October 20th 05 11:28 PM
Wheel bolts torque wrench settings Jonathan Morton Audi 2 September 25th 05 02:38 PM
torque wrench settings paddy wack BMW 1 January 28th 05 09:35 PM