'96 Stratus ES door lock switch

Old December 31st 04, 10:21 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Default '96 Stratus ES door lock switch

When I turn the key to unlock the driver's door on our '96 Stratus ES,
the door unlocks, then locks again, then unlocks again. Thus if I am too
quick to pull the door open, the alarm system triggers.

I assume that the switch is faulty. Do I have to replace the whole
cylinder assembly (in which case I'd need to get it keyed to order), or
is the switch replaceable separately? Does anyone have a part number?

Perce
Old January 1st 05, 02:19 PM
maxpower

Replace the disarm switch in the door, thats the problem

Old January 1st 05, 02:19 PM
maxpower

Old January 1st 05, 09:20 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Do you mean the switch that's attached to the keylock, or is there
another switch somewhere? If the former, do I have to replace the
keylock as well?

Perce

On 01/01/05 08:19 am maxpower tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Old January 1st 05, 09:20 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Old January 1st 05, 10:04 PM
maxpower

Yes, the one on the key cylinder inside the door panel, it pops off the
cylinder, you only replace the switch

Old January 1st 05, 10:04 PM
maxpower

Old January 3rd 05, 09:48 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Thank you.

Perce

On 01/01/05 04:04 pm maxpower tossed the following ingredients into the

Old January 3rd 05, 09:48 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Old January 7th 05, 02:53 AM
Percival P. Cassidy

$31.75 (+tax) for a new switch. Problem solved. Thanks.