2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Old September 26th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

Default 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:48:39 -0400, "Michael" >
> wrote:

>>> Interesting. Have you checked out the new Cobalt?
>>>
>>> dwight

>>Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value.
>>Very
>>good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of the
>>Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged engine
>>and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is
>>usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k. Still...
>>For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If I
>>was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second
>>car
>>after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of
>>getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my Father.
>>Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very
>>affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt
>>coup.
>>
>>Michael
>>

> HMMMMMMMM using those standards, then a used Yugo (in yellow) would
> be a near priceless value <G> And no need to wait for a bald spot
> with that one. You'll get it from scratching your head wondering what
> the hell you have in the driveway. I'll keep my 2005 Stang GT, over
> $25K but still running and the title is in my safe, not the bank's LOL

You would have to give the Yugo to me for free in order for it to qualify as
a good value. All non American cars that cost more then a dollar are ****
boxes. All over priced American cars are **** boxes regardless of how much
disposable income you have. Though, you could make a very strong argument
that a Corvette is not a **** box. Consider the cost of a Corvette as it
compares to foreign cars with similar performance stats. The Corvette can
be thought of as an ultimate value in that case. In my book it is a ****
box.

Michael

Old September 26th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_52_]

Joe > wrote in news:Xns9B25B06F86367nospamforme@
216.77.188.18:

> "John S." > wrote in news:894928c6-91e5-48e6-
> :
>
>> On Sep 26, 2:13 pm, (Itsfrom Click) wrote:
>>> haha......years ago, I lusted for a new Corvette.....even joined the
>>> owners club.....and wondered why they had such a lowlife slogan as

> "Wrap
>>> your ass is fiberglass". attended a few meetings and found out
>>> why......and bought a Jag instead.
>>>
>>> 'Course the Jag was a piece of junk.....and the 'Vette would now be
>>> worth 10 times what it cost. But still think anyone who "needs" a

> car
>>> that cannot be driven near it's capabilities has security
>>> problems.......likewise Harleys, Hummers, and all those boy racer

> cars
>>> you see sold at R&M to prosperous pizza parlor owners.
>>>
>>> Which old auto writer said "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast,

> then
>>> drive a fast car slow" !!!
>>>
>>> Well, we gotta keep the economy going!
>>>
>>> Old Curmudgeon

>> hey now... I drive my Hummer H3 to it's full capabilities! Actually

>> was quite impressed with it's off-road abilities! I have beaten the
>> living snot out of it and it just keeps going! LOL!
>>
>> First time I took it in for an oil change (which requires dropping

the
>> skid plates, which were loaded with nasty swamp mud...) I heard the
>> guy yell over to the other guy "Oh my God! This ones been OFF ROAD!"
>> I got a good laugh out of that! I also managed to pick up one of

the
>> few H3's with a manual tranny! (which is great for off-road). I'm
>> currently running a set of 33 inch mud tires... which fit without a
>> lift!
>>
>> Oh... some of my auto-x buddies day the Cobalt SS's have been really
>> doing well in the stock classes... in fact one guy told me they were
>> basically cleaning up!

> H2 = Chevy Colorado

oops - meant to say 'H3'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrdwXXat14
Old September 27th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Michael" > wrote in message

> All non American cars that cost more then a dollar are **** boxes. All
> over priced American cars are **** boxes regardless of how much disposable
> income you have.

There's the flaw in your proposition.

There's no way I can agree with your first statement, and the second is
based entirely upon personal viewpoint determined by wealth

Any further discussion would be useless, wouldn't it?

dwight

Old September 27th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

On Sep 24, 12:48*am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:

> > ZR! was the coolest vette iv'e ever seen, heres a link,
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...olet-Corvette-...
> > This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA
> > from what I know.

> > Chech out the specs for this monster...
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...olet-Corvette-...

> Wicked car. As soon as I have a bald spot, I intend to get one.

B,

That should be "wicked car" with a lot of these!!!!!!! It's a
monster car! And if my income could afford a new ZR1, I'd have one in
a Chevy heat beat.

Patrick
Old September 27th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Michael wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:48:39 -0400, "Michael" >
>> wrote:

>>> Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value.
>>> Very
>>> good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of the
>>> Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged engine
>>> and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is
>>> usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k. Still...
>>> For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If I
>>> was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second
>>> car
>>> after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of
>>> getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my Father.
>>> Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very
>>> affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt
>>> coup.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> HMMMMMMMM using those standards, then a used Yugo (in yellow) would
>> be a near priceless value <G> And no need to wait for a bald spot
>> with that one. You'll get it from scratching your head wondering what
>> the hell you have in the driveway. I'll keep my 2005 Stang GT, over
>> $25K but still running and the title is in my safe, not the bank's LOL

> You would have to give the Yugo to me for free in order for it to qualify as
> a good value. All non American cars that cost more then a dollar are ****
> boxes. All over priced American cars are **** boxes regardless of how much
> disposable income you have. Though, you could make a very strong argument
> that a Corvette is not a **** box. Consider the cost of a Corvette as it
> compares to foreign cars with similar performance stats. The Corvette can
> be thought of as an ultimate value in that case. In my book it is a ****
> box.
>
> Michael

It must suck to have such a ****ty outlook on life. I've to some
point enjoyed every car I've owned. Well, not that stinking EXP, but
every other one.

--

"Why would I answer a painfully obvious question when I can
toy with a mealthy-mouthed smarmtard for four posts instead?" -

Old September 27th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

wrote:
> On Sep 24, 12:48 am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:
>
>>> ZR! was the coolest vette iv'e ever seen, heres a link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...olet-Corvette-...
>>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA
>>> from what I know.
>>> Chech out the specs for this monster...
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...olet-Corvette-...

>> Wicked car. As soon as I have a bald spot, I intend to get one.

> B,
>
> That should be "wicked car" with a lot of these!!!!!!! It's a
> monster car! And if my income could afford a new ZR1, I'd have one in
> a Chevy heat beat.
>
> Patrick

Actually I'd get the Cadillac equivalent or the CTS V

Old September 27th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> All non American cars that cost more then a dollar are **** boxes. All
>> over priced American cars are **** boxes regardless of how much
>> disposable income you have.

> There's the flaw in your proposition.
>
> There's no way I can agree with your first statement, and the second is
> based entirely upon personal viewpoint determined by wealth
>
> Any further discussion would be useless, wouldn't it?
>
> dwight

All if this is subjective. One might as well try to argue what rock band is
better then the other. Among other things, ng's are for idiot heads and
blow-hards to share their opinions. None of it is logical but none of it is
"useless".

Michael

Old September 27th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message
Michael wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:48:39 -0400, "Michael" >
>> wrote:

>>> Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value.
>>> Very
>>> good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of
>>> the
>>> Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged
>>> engine
>>> and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is
>>> usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k.
>>> Still...
>>> For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If
>>> was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second
>>> car
>>> after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of
>>> getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my
>>> Father.
>>> Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very
>>> affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt
>>> coup.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> HMMMMMMMM using those standards, then a used Yugo (in yellow) would
>> be a near priceless value <G> And no need to wait for a bald spot
>> with that one. You'll get it from scratching your head wondering what
>> the hell you have in the driveway. I'll keep my 2005 Stang GT, over
>> $25K but still running and the title is in my safe, not the bank's LOL

> You would have to give the Yugo to me for free in order for it to qualify
> as a good value. All non American cars that cost more then a dollar are
> **** boxes. All over priced American cars are **** boxes regardless of
> how much disposable income you have. Though, you could make a very strong
> argument that a Corvette is not a **** box. Consider the cost of a
> Corvette as it compares to foreign cars with similar performance stats.
> The Corvette can be thought of as an ultimate value in that case. In my
> book it is a **** box.
>
> Michael

It must suck to have such a ****ty outlook on life. I've to some
point enjoyed every car I've owned. Well, not that stinking EXP, but
>every other one

Naw.... No ****ty outlook. I'm just wasting band width with my
weenie-brained opinions. Corvettes are kewl. I like them a lot so long as
they are in someone else's driveway.

Michael

Old September 28th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark 1766

The same as its been for the last quarter century or so...Just another
rich mans, overpriced toy.

Old September 28th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Sep 26, 9:22 pm, Joe > wrote:
> Joe > wrote in news:Xns9B25B06F86367nospamforme@
> 216.77.188.18:
>

> > "John S." > wrote in news:894928c6-91e5-48e6-
> > :

> > "Wrap

> > car

> > cars

> > then

> >> hey now... I drive my Hummer H3 to it's full capabilities! Actually

> >> was quite impressed with it's off-road abilities! I have beaten the
> >> living snot out of it and it just keeps going! LOL!

> >> First time I took it in for an oil change (which requires dropping

> the
> >> skid plates, which were loaded with nasty swamp mud...) I heard the
> >> guy yell over to the other guy "Oh my God! This ones been OFF ROAD!"
> >> I got a good laugh out of that! I also managed to pick up one of

> the
> >> few H3's with a manual tranny! (which is great for off-road). I'm
> >> currently running a set of 33 inch mud tires... which fit without a
> >> lift!

> >> Oh... some of my auto-x buddies day the Cobalt SS's have been really
> >> doing well in the stock classes... in fact one guy told me they were
> >> basically cleaning up!

> > H2 = Chevy Colorado

> oops - meant to say 'H3'..
>
> > Favorite Hummer vid:
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrdwXXat14

That is a common mistake:

"The all-new H3 is the next Hummer from General Motors, sharing a
frame and general suspension design (although considerably beefed up)
with the Chevy Colorado midsize pickup. In fact, the Hummer people are
quick to point out that less than 10 percent of all the parts on the
H3 are shared with the Colorado/Canyon trucks. Not surprising, given
that's exactly the same strategy used with the H2 and its "platform
sharing" with the Chevy Tahoe."

(http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...006_hummer_h3/
index.html)

2009 Corvette ZR1 adnvi77o Corvette 5 September 26th 08 03:32 AM
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 adnvi77o Driving 0 September 24th 08 06:07 AM
Corvette Calendar 2009 Fat Fred Corvette 1 May 8th 08 11:11 AM
2009 Corvette ZR1 vintage Auto Photos 3 December 21st 07 03:03 AM