Best group for vintage Rolls Royce

Old September 6th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

Default Best group for vintage Rolls Royce

A friend of mine has just been GIVEN a fully working, roadworthy 1930
Roller! His father was a mechanic, and he is 'handy' but is going to
need all sorts of help and advice on spares, repairs etc. First
requirement is for a manual...

Would this be the best place to start? or is there a n.g. devoted to
either vintage or Rolls or both?

Thanks for any advice.
Old September 8th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected][_1_]

I'd start with the Rolls Royce Owners Club. I'm sure that they have a
site.
Long ago I knew a great couple, Gerry and June Baxter, who enjoyed it
and had a ball. He had a Mid 30s LM car, IIRC. She had a R-type
Continental. What a pair!
I've been tyying to find them for years. She was a Brit and he was an
1948 olympic wrestler from down under!

Midlant

George Patterson wrote:
> wrote:
> > A friend of mine has just been GIVEN a fully working, roadworthy 1930
> > Roller! His father was a mechanic, and he is 'handy' but is going to
> > need all sorts of help and advice on spares, repairs etc. First
> > requirement is for a manual...
> >
> > Would this be the best place to start? or is there a n.g. devoted to
> > either vintage or Rolls or both?

> Well, this one will do for a start, but you really want alt.lucky*******.autos.
>
> George Patterson
> Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
> your slightly older self.

OBD II Group New Group Software Error Codes Best Prices Scott Smith Technology 0 August 1st 06 10:29 AM
FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Rolls Royce, Corvette, Plymouth all from the same mold CCred68046 Corvette 0 October 2nd 04 10:38 PM
1948 Rolls Royce Dave Capps Antique cars 0 October 31st 03 04:17 AM