1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price?

Old May 4th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price?

On Wed, 03 May 2006 06:39:38 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>A fair price would be the KBB price. The rims, tires, etc. add ons are
>worth nothing.

A fair price is the one which makes both the buyer and the seller
happy. KBB and other guidelines are just that guidelines.

Rims, tires, etc. are always worth something. What they are worth to
the seller and what they are worth to buyer can differ and can be a
deal maker or not.
Old May 6th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I purchased my 1990 miata for 4500 about 3 yrs ago, and would not consider
taking less that 3500 for it today. It was in exceptional condition, hope
this helps you. To be honest are you buying it because you want one, and
plan to keep it for a while? If so you might pay more than the book value
but still be very happy.
ups.com...

Old May 7th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

IMO KBB & the other auto price guides grossly undervalue the Miata. In
my area (Atlanta) you won't find a Miata for under $3000 in any
condition. KBB for a Miata w/ 100K+ miles is like $1,500.

Old May 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

How about the deal I got last August.

2002 Miata
30,000 Miles
$8,000

California car. Hadn't been driven for a year.

OK, so it had an automatic. The Miata is one of the few cars where an
automatic drives down the price instead of the other way round. But I have a
handicap and can't drive a stick for long anyway.

And it's black. Not my favorite color but it is growing on me.

The 1.8L does have to work at times. On the run from LA to Vegas there are
about 3 10 mile stretches where it has to drop down a gear to stay at 80 MPH
on cruise.

Dan

Gearbox in 1990 Miata Kenneth S. Mazda 2 March 14th 06 02:44 PM
91 miata radiator price Wreckless Eric Mazda 5 January 30th 06 03:40 AM
Another Miata Owner Ken Lyons Mazda 4 November 13th 04 05:38 AM
FS: 1990 "DYNOMAX HOT" Turbo System 'Funnycar' Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 4th 04 05:34 AM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 05:43 AM