Horrible miss in my 86 735i

Old May 26th 05, 07:07 PM
chefj

Default Horrible miss in my 86 735i

my 735i has a miss at idle and between 40 and 70 mph. I have changed
plugs,wires,fuel filter,air filter, i took the injectors out and cleaned
them but it still misses anybody have any idea what the prob is? Also my
front vents dont blow air only the defrost does ?

Old May 26th 05, 08:17 PM
Weird

70 mph at idle, cool! How about rotor, distributer cap, burnt/leaking
valve, broken rocker arm?

Cheers

Old May 26th 05, 09:30 PM
R. Mark Clayton

"Weird" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 70 mph at idle, cool! How about rotor, distributer cap, burnt/leaking
> valve, broken rocker arm?
>
> Cheers

Or overfilled the oil?

Old June 12th 05, 03:08 AM
Dru Abrams

The front vents not blowing air could be a frozen air control unit (not
sure on actual name). Its a $500 part and is mechanical with a servo.
It changes the air flow direction from front vents to defrost. Its part
of the interior air recycling system. The whole dash has to come off to
get to it.

I had this problem on my six when i bought it with 70k on it. It now
has 160k and continues to work fine, so its pretty much a 1 time fix...

Hope that info helps.

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

roups.com...