2001 neon dome light fuse

Old February 26th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_1_]

Default 2001 neon dome light fuse

This should hopefully be a quick question for someone;

What is on the same fuse as the interior dome light?

The interior light on my 2001 neon has been more often then not
working. When it is not working my dash flashes "fuse". I checked the
light itself, and it is secure (not burned) and I checked the fuse,
which is also secure and not burnt.
I did notice that the interior light is on a 10 or 15amp fuse (can't
remember at this moment). There is something definately messed up, but
I can not find anything else failing when the dome light is not
working.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com
Old February 26th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

Mike,

I can't answer your questions, but wonder if your problem may be related to
the operating voltage or a bad ground...

How old is the battery? Are you getting sufficient voltage there to trust
the diagnostic? Are all your grounds to the control computers good, clean
and tight?

Bob

Old February 27th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Your IOD fuse is blowing if you are getting that message on the cluster.
IOD is domelite, and memory to radio and controllers. If you have an
owners manual it will tell you what that fuse controls. A cigarette
lighter adapter such as a cell phone charger plugged in can cause this
fuse to blow.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old February 27th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_1_]

Glenn;
I would have assumed that the fuse was gone, however the light does
work on occation (more often not however).
When the light first failed to come on, I checked the light itself
first, then all other major functions in the car, as I was about an
hour drive from home, at night.
I did test all the fuses in the pannel just inside the door, as well
as those under the hood.

I will begin checking the grounds and opperating voltages this
weekend, as it is suppose to warm up enough to work (-34'C this
morning). As a side note, I did forget to plug the car in this
morning, and she started fairly easily. May or may not imply anything
regards to the battery/ground connections.

Mike

Old February 27th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hank[_3_]

mike wrote:
> Glenn;
> I would have assumed that the fuse was gone, however the light does
> work on occation (more often not however).
> When the light first failed to come on, I checked the light itself
> first, then all other major functions in the car, as I was about an
> hour drive from home, at night.
> I did test all the fuses in the pannel just inside the door, as well
> as those under the hood.
>
> I will begin checking the grounds and opperating voltages this
> weekend, as it is suppose to warm up enough to work (-34'C this
> morning). As a side note, I did forget to plug the car in this
> morning, and she started fairly easily. May or may not imply anything
> regards to the battery/ground connections.
>
> Mike
>
> On Feb 27, 5:43 am, "damnnickname" > wrote:
>> Your IOD fuse is blowing if you are getting that message on the cluster.
>> IOD is domelite, and memory to radio and controllers. If you have an
>> owners manual it will tell you what that fuse controls. A cigarette
>> lighter adapter such as a cell phone charger plugged in can cause this
>> fuse to blow.
>>
>> Glenn Beasley
>> Chrysler Tech
>>
>> --
>> Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.makers.chrysler/
>> More information athttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

A light bulb or a fuse can be intermittent. You say you checked them
but did you replace them with another?
Old February 28th 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_1_]

Hank:

Although I would think that this would be super rare in a car, It is
possible, and something I will look into. I this is the case, my money
is on the fuse.

Something else I noticed, don't sure if it is 100% accurate though. I
noticed that if the car was still warm (i.e heat gauge showed a hint
of heat), the light appeared to work. I will watch for this again
today.
The reason this maybe the case, and I did not notice, is it is dark
when head to/from work, so dome light is quite ovious.

Mike
Old February 28th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Deke

"mike" > wrote in message
> This should hopefully be a quick question for someone;
>
> What is on the same fuse as the interior dome light?
>
> The interior light on my 2001 neon has been more often then not
> working. When it is not working my dash flashes "fuse". I checked the
> light itself, and it is secure (not burned) and I checked the fuse,
> which is also secure and not burnt.
> I did notice that the interior light is on a 10 or 15amp fuse (can't
> remember at this moment). There is something definately messed up, but
> I can not find anything else failing when the dome light is not
> working.
>
> Mike
> mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Way back when, the brake lights on my 74 Roadrunner were on the same circuit
as the dome light, which I thought was a great idea. No interior lights
meant no brake lights.
(flashback concludes)

Deke

Old February 29th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel Who Wants to Know[_1_]

"mike" > wrote in message
> Hank:
>
> Although I would think that this would be super rare in a car, It is
> possible, and something I will look into. I this is the case, my money
> is on the fuse.
>
> Something else I noticed, don't sure if it is 100% accurate though. I
> noticed that if the car was still warm (i.e heat gauge showed a hint
> of heat), the light appeared to work. I will watch for this again
> today.
> The reason this maybe the case, and I did not notice, is it is dark
> when head to/from work, so dome light is quite ovious.
>
> Mike

Believe me it is possible for a fuse to go intermittent as the ignition one
on the GC I just bought did and caused the SBEC to randomly reboot which
made the engine buck and made the tach and speedo go nuts along with
canceling the cruise (speed) control. Swapping the fuse fixed the problem
as it hasn't happened again since.

2001 neon...dome light fuse? :\ Dodge 3 August 17th 07 05:18 AM
2003 Neon SXT brake light fuse news.verizon.net Dodge 4 October 12th 06 11:12 AM
Dodge Neon dome light is stuck on ` meleby Dodge 3 May 7th 05 11:35 AM
2001 neon fuse problem sirphunkee Chrysler 14 March 28th 05 02:53 AM
Interior Dome light of 1996 Dodge neon David Sherman Chrysler 3 January 16th 05 09:30 PM