Lost information from group

Old January 13th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Esteban

Default Lost information from group

Hi folks, please bear with me on this one.<G> A month or so ago I had
questions about my 5.0 Explorer starting then quitting and then running OK.
I got several quick responses about cleaning a valve, the responders called
the valve by three initials (not PVC). I wrote down the valve that need
cleaning and now I can't find where I put the note. Also, I have updated
the group and no longer can find the replys here.
Please, will someone take pitty on me and tell me what the name of the valve
is? Also, the location of the valve.
Thanks to all,
Steve

Old January 13th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

Esteban wrote:
> Hi folks, please bear with me on this one.<G> A month or so ago I had
> questions about my 5.0 Explorer starting then quitting and then running OK.
> I got several quick responses about cleaning a valve, the responders called
> the valve by three initials (not PVC). I wrote down the valve that need
> cleaning and now I can't find where I put the note. Also, I have updated
> the group and no longer can find the replys here.
> Please, will someone take pitty on me and tell me what the name of the valve
> is? Also, the location of the valve.
> Thanks to all,
> Steve

Its probably the IAC valve.
Here is an excellent repair article. Although this is for the SOHC, the
V8 is similiar.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...r_IAC_Fix.html

Old January 13th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Esteban

"Mikepier" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Esteban wrote:
>> Hi folks, please bear with me on this one.<G> A month or so ago I had
>> questions about my 5.0 Explorer starting then quitting and then running
>> OK.
>> I got several quick responses about cleaning a valve, the responders
>> called
>> the valve by three initials (not PVC). I wrote down the valve that need
>> cleaning and now I can't find where I put the note. Also, I have updated
>> the group and no longer can find the replys here.
>> Please, will someone take pitty on me and tell me what the name of the
>> valve
>> is? Also, the location of the valve.
>> Thanks to all,
>> Steve

> Its probably the IAC valve.
> Here is an excellent repair article. Although this is for the SOHC, the
> V8 is similiar.
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...r_IAC_Fix.html

Mike, thanks for jogging my poor memory, yup it was the IAC valve. Also,
that is a great link you provided.
Thanks again,
Steve