Is this going to be a problem?

Old September 9th 04, 04:50 AM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly...

> I've had the Duragesic patches before (degenerative disc disease) :-)

<snip>

Wanna hear something scary? Now I take Oxycontin (Oxycodone)20 mg 5x a
day. I'm sure you know what that is, especially with all of the bad
press it got a year or so ago. On top of that I WAS taking the Actiq
(Fentanyl) 800 mcg also 5x a day. That's what the insurance company
just yanked out from under me, and I don't have the $2,500.00 per month
to pay for it. So the doc just prescribed 4 mg Dilaudid (Hydromorphone)
to replace the Actiq. Also known as "Synthetic Heroin" and has 5 times
the potency of Morphine. I'm prescribed 10 of those a day. So far,
I've taken up to 30 of those in one day on top of the 5 Oxycontin. If I
do the arithmetic right that comes out to the equivalent of 600 mg of
Morphine plus another 100 mg of Oxycodone. Not only was I still
standing up, but my freakin leg STILL hurt. Most people would stop
breathing with that amount of narcotics in their body. The only thing
that really works is the Actiq. You might have noticed that my
tolerance is just a tad high. That's been a problem right from the
start. By the time I got to my 4th operation they had to give me double
dose of everything, including Demoral injections. The nursing staff
couldn't believe the amount of crap going into my body just to take the
edge off. Tricky situation.

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old September 10th 04, 08:25 PM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly:

> I'm a kid of the 60's-70's so I know drugs ;-)

Ric:

Um, yea...me too, that's part of the problem. After being sober close
to 20 years, all of this stuff is presenting some problems with old
demons. I complained that the Dilaudid wasn't doing the job, so now
they gave me Methadone. If that doesn't do it I'm screwed. That's the
strongest thing they have in their bag of prescriptions. I'm prolly
going to have to pay a lawyer to go after the insurance company. I
don't know which is cheaper though...$2,500 a month for the meds, or a
slip and fall lawyer...

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 10th 04, 08:25 PM
Diode

Old September 10th 04, 10:19 PM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly:

> Ahhh youth, I'm an old fart now so I don't party anymore. I worked as a
> professional
> sound reinforcement engineer through the 80's and early 90's with many
> name bands,
> and it was easy to play on the road. LOLOL

That's pretty funny...in my youth I was also involved in the music /
concert "industry". I used to work construction during most of the
year, and in the dead of winter when construction was out I worked as a
stage hand at a local concert hall. I have some great stories too, as
I'm sure that you do. The bands that I had the most fun with were Hot
Tuna and, believe it or not, The Tubes.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 10th 04, 10:19 PM
Diode

Old September 13th 04, 06:46 PM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly:

> My best gigs were doing a leg of the B52's Love Shack tour,

<etc.>

Oh man, great names in the music world. I still have my collection of
back stage passes someplace...did you keep yours?

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 13th 04, 06:46 PM
Diode

Old September 14th 04, 05:06 AM
Diode

RicSeyler spoke thusly...
> LOL Yea I have about 50 backstage lanyards
> and the promo pics for just about all the tours. :-)

That's great! Some day, those are going to be super-valuable both from
a sentimental and a monetary standpoint. Very cool.

Old September 14th 04, 05:06 AM
Diode

ALARM PROBLEM on E36 97 318 Toby BMW 0 January 9th 05 02:47 PM
2004 Elantra Airbag Problem TImothy A. Roy BMW 5 October 8th 04 09:19 PM
2004 Elantra Airbag Problem TImothy A. Roy Alfa Romeo 0 October 6th 04 02:02 AM
Problem: 146 Ti holds back..!? Stephan Alfa Romeo 3 July 22nd 04 08:38 PM