Wrecked my '96, might need a new one

Old November 13th 05, 02:55 AM
Jim Holcomb

Default Wrecked my '96, might need a new one

Could be totalled but won't know until the adjuster looks at it.
While I'm waiting to find out it's final fate I'm looking around
for a good used one, maybe 1998-2002 or so. Are there any years
to avoid?

Thanks,
Jim
Old November 13th 05, 02:37 PM
Big Shoe

I would go with '02 or later as the new model is a big improvement
over the older ones. In my opinion though, the third seat is a waste
and I would stay away from it. It adds weight and messes up the cargo
floor as nothing back there is level. I have found it to be virtually
useless unless you have small children to put back there.

Old November 13th 05, 03:05 PM
Gerald Riggs

I've got an 97 EB V8 AWD unit for sale. Not a bad unit. Too bad you wrecked
the 96.
. ..

Old November 13th 05, 06:46 PM
gordo

"Jim Holcomb" > wrote in message
. ..
> Could be totalled but won't know until the adjuster looks at it.
> While I'm waiting to find out it's final fate I'm looking around
> for a good used one, maybe 1998-2002 or so. Are there any years
> to avoid?

You probably shouldn't consider an 02' model since this was the first year
of the redesigned model.
First year designs are notorious for having minor design flaws which get
fixed in later models.

Old November 13th 05, 10:03 PM
Jim Holcomb

So how much is shipping to North Carolina? ;-)

Old November 14th 05, 10:35 PM
Searcher1

Good thing your OK,

Searcher

Old November 15th 05, 12:06 AM
Gerald Riggs

Good question. Guess I would be willing to drive 1/2 way and hitch hike or
something back. Hummm. This thing is in trader online
http://www.traderonline.com/. Look for a red 97 EB in Kingston, WA 98346.
The price is getting more negotiable (read that lower!) by the day. My wife
and I want something that is more economical now that we are fully retired
and going sailboating.
Jerry
"Jim Holcomb" > wrote in message
> So how much is shipping to North Carolina? ;-)
>
> On 2005-11-13, Gerald Riggs > wrote:
>> I've got an 97 EB V8 AWD unit for sale. Not a bad unit. Too bad you
>> wrecked
>> the 96.
>> "Jim Holcomb" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> Could be totalled but won't know until the adjuster looks at it.
>>> While I'm waiting to find out it's final fate I'm looking around
>>> for a good used one, maybe 1998-2002 or so. Are there any years
>>> to avoid?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim

Old November 18th 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I've ended up getting an '02, I'm picking it up tomorrow. I debated
getting the 1st year of the remodel but this particular truck was so
clean and taken care of that I bought it anyway.

Thanks for all the responses.

Jim