X-charger From Explorer Express 4.0 SOHC

Old September 10th 05, 10:45 PM
Michael Andaya

Default X-charger From Explorer Express 4.0 SOHC

Looked at their website and found a turbocharger for my Ford 4.0 SOHC Sport
Trac. Anythoughts of comments if this is a good idea? Comments and
viewpoints highly appreciated.

Mike

Old September 11th 05, 12:31 AM
Herb Kauhry

I thought they'd given up on the project. I was interested in one 6 years
ago or so. They kept saying it was coming 'soon'. That went on for years
and I finally forgot about it. I do wonder why it took so long.

Old September 11th 05, 07:46 AM
Gerry Pierce

My understanding is that most folks were waiting for warranties to be up,
putting the prototypes on older engines without doing any other work, and
then blowing the motor....

Old September 11th 05, 07:58 PM
Michael Andaya

Spoke to Dave Vanek of EE last Thursday and said that initial prototypes
were buggy due to incompatible tuners. Now using SCT tuners instead and was
bug free. Had sold prbably a hundrd units by now. Was wondering if anone in
this newsgoups had one installed so i can have feedback regarding them.