Parking ticket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 05, 11:55 PM
David Chesler

Scott writes:
> There's a reason why backing into parking
> spaces is prohibited: the authorities know that
> most people can't back up worth a damn, and
> if they try they will just end up hitting the cars
> parked next to them.

I've been backing into perpendicular and angle
parking spaces most of my driving life. I've never
understood why people think it's safer or easier to back into moving
traffic than to back into an empty parking space. Could someone
explain that please?

ObLegal: If the street is "one way", is it legal to drive in reverse
if the car is pointed in the legal direction? How far? One car length
into a parking spot? Two car lengths because the car exiting the
parking spot got out behind you? The length of the block?

--
- David Chesler >
Iacta alea est