need to extend my GM warranty

Old October 18th 04, 05:25 AM
Rad

Default need to extend my GM warranty

My warranty is about up on my 02 , looking to extend through GM as I would
think it will be less of a problem when there is a problem. What kind of
deals are out there through GM dealers, cost to extend yours at the time of
purchase will be of no help. I have 29,000 and due in Feb. Input from those
who have purchased and used GM's extended please. So if you have eaten it
don't tell me what it tastes like Thanks

Old October 18th 04, 05:58 PM
cfm

Extended warranty insurance is betting against oneself:

'Here's $2000.00 you can have - I sure hope my car breaks
down so much that I might get some of my $2000.00 back
some day in the way of inflated repair rates to remedy
trivial complaints.'

These are almost pure profit to carmakers, combine that w/ GM
including one of the shortest factory warranties around...

Old October 18th 04, 05:58 PM
cfm

Old October 18th 04, 07:30 PM
Rufio

I did make good use of my extended warranty on my 99 Camaro SS 6-speed. I
had ongoing electrical problems & no-one could (would) fix it. I'd had my SS
in the shop 7 times, before the regular warranty ran out & another 5 times
after that - until I finally got so ****ed off that I sold the SS, swore I
would NEVER, EVER AGAIN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY ANY OTHER NEW OR USED
CHEVROLET, and I bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty - (which I sold 6 months later
to buy a 6-speed 99 C5 - I love performance cars, but SUV's are just SO
useful).

news

Old October 18th 04, 07:30 PM
Rufio

Old October 18th 04, 09:32 PM
Dad

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
>I bought the GM extended with my '94 6 speed ragtop and glad I did.
> I made very good use of it. Lots of things to complain about when you run
> up
> on 30K or so.
>
> Rad wrote:
>
>>My warranty is about up on my 02 , looking to extend through GM as I would
>>think it will be less of a problem when there is a problem. What kind of
>>deals are out there through GM dealers, cost to extend yours at the time
>>of purchase will be of no help. I have 29,000 and due in Feb. Input from
>>those who have purchased and used GM's extended please. So if you have
>>eaten it don't tell me what it tastes like Thanks

Didn't/won't buy an extended warranty, 43,000 on my '98 and had nothing to
complain about or fix. If I were to consider one I'd go to
and price it before I ask anyone else.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 18th 04, 09:32 PM
Dad

.. .

Old October 19th 04, 12:38 AM
cfm

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:12:05 -0500, RicSeyler >
wrote:

>I bought the GM extended with my '94 6 speed ragtop and glad I did.
>I made very good use of it. Lots of things to complain about when you run up
>on 30K or so.

Complaints to the tune of $2K or so?

Parts/Labour warranty for 156 Selespeed Mike Alfa Romeo 1 January 5th 05 08:32 PM
Body computer; Warranty Direct , Ideas? PhilipS Alfa Romeo 2 December 21st 04 11:03 PM
Warranty question DFS BMW 8 October 14th 04 03:57 PM
Extended warranty Ian D BMW 0 September 20th 04 02:52 AM
aftermarket warranty [email protected] Audi 0 May 28th 04 08:23 PM