2000 Explorer Keypad

Old March 6th 05, 11:00 PM
gcook

Default 2000 Explorer Keypad

I recently bought a 2000 explorer XLT with keyless remote and keypad entry.
Only one key with chip was included. I bought 2 remotes from ChipKeys ($23
vs. $78 at Ford)and programmed them easily with their instructions.. I also
bought one chip key, but they referred to the owners manual for programming
instructions. I can find no instructions.
Can any one help with programming the replacement key? The factory key works
well.
Also can anyone help with obtaining the number for obtaining code for the
keypad on the door? The manual says it is taped to the computer. I have
tried every number in almost every combination with no success.

Old March 7th 05, 12:01 AM
gcook

Sorry for the redundancy; I need to proof-read. I still need to find the
code for the keypad. HELLLP!

Old March 7th 05, 12:53 AM
Jeff

Open the compartment where the spare tire jack is located. Look back into
the comparment (you will probably need a flashlight) and you should see the
computer back in behind the plastic trim. You should be able to see the
five digit code on it.

Jeff

Old March 7th 05, 08:03 PM
Gerry Pierce

You will need both of the original keys to program a new key. Otherwise,
you have to go through the dealer and get it done ($$$). If you bought from
a dealer, I would make them provide you another key..... be it a ford dealer
or not... make them pay.

gerry

Old March 8th 05, 12:13 PM
Jon Hutchinson

When I bought mine used I had to take it to the ford dealer and have
them reset the keyless entry code since the previous owner didn't leave
the code when they turned it in. After they reset the code you can
program it to any code you want.