High Milers, how many miles on your Saturn?

Old June 20th 04, 02:16 PM
Newsguy

Default High Milers, how many miles on your Saturn?

2001 L200
Engine runs good at 93000.
Tail light problems (see 2001 tail light assembly thread)
Front stabilizer bar broken
Now ignition (can't get the key out)

Have a great day
Jim

Old June 21st 04, 04:31 AM
James1549

My '92 just turned 95K. Only thing I had to do was alternator, several
batteries, and one wheel bearing. And at 90K I had to finally replace the
original front rotors. The rest of the regular maintenance don't count.

Oh.. and forgot, had to recover the headliner last year.

James
Old June 23rd 04, 04:22 AM
fstsl2

1996 SL2 136K and going strong.

Old June 23rd 04, 06:23 PM
Justin

> "James1549" > wrote in message
>> My '92 just turned 95K. Only thing I had to do was alternator,
>> several batteries, and one wheel bearing. And at 90K I had to finally
>> replace the original front rotors. The rest of the regular
>> maintenance don't count.
>>
>> Oh.. and forgot, had to recover the headliner last year.
>>
>> James

The most extreme high mileage example I've personally witnessed was my
brother's 2 wheel drive '85 Toyota 22R truck. He bought it from a
package courier service (like a mom and pop Fed Ex) in the southwest
desert (reeeeaaally long stretches of open road) for $800 in '90. It
had 360,000 miles and had even been rolled (had a rebuilt title). He
put another 250,000 on it and then sold it for $800 or so to a painter
for use as a work truck back in the late 90's. He still sees that
Toyota driving around! It's paint splattered. It must have 700,000
miles on it. All my brother had done to it was a head gasket and a new
radiator I think. I drove it a few times. It still had some punch to
it. It was beat to hell but got regular oil changes. Everyone got
their money's worth out of that rig.

Old June 23rd 04, 07:57 PM
Blah blah

In article 30>,
justin1138@REMOVEnet says...
> > "James1549" > wrote in message
> >> My '92 just turned 95K. Only thing I had to do was alternator,
> >> several batteries, and one wheel bearing. And at 90K I had to finally
> >> replace the original front rotors. The rest of the regular
> >> maintenance don't count.
> >>
> >> Oh.. and forgot, had to recover the headliner last year.
> >>
> >> James

> The most extreme high mileage example I've personally witnessed was my
> brother's 2 wheel drive '85 Toyota 22R truck. He bought it from a
> package courier service (like a mom and pop Fed Ex) in the southwest
> desert (reeeeaaally long stretches of open road) for $800 in '90. It
> had 360,000 miles and had even been rolled (had a rebuilt title). He
> put another 250,000 on it and then sold it for $800 or so to a painter
> for use as a work truck back in the late 90's. He still sees that
> Toyota driving around! It's paint splattered. It must have 700,000
> miles on it. All my brother had done to it was a head gasket and a new
> radiator I think. I drove it a few times. It still had some punch to
> it. It was beat to hell but got regular oil changes. Everyone got
> their money's worth out of that rig.

I thought the question involved saturns? I can name off hundreds of
other makes in the 700k range. I know plenty of chevy cargo vans in that
range that dont burn oil and had hardly any repairs done to them.
Alternators and fuel pumps are about as serious as the repairs got. And
they hual loads regurally.

Old June 23rd 04, 09:24 PM
Barry Schnoor

94 SL2 with 169,000

Clutch, engine mount, idler pully, water pump, brake pads (once)...and the
headliner's sagging. I've personally replaced all but the clutch...for a
total repair cost of about $250.

Not bad for ten years of driving. I had 90,000 after three years, but I
live closer to work now...

But, get this, original alternator!

Oil changes every 3,000

I'm making money every day I drive this car!

Barry in Cville

Old June 24th 04, 05:45 AM
Jonnie Santos

....I've never had any vehicle over 130k other than maybe my import pickup
who odo's broke at 129,999 miles many years ago. I've got 90k on my 97SL2 -
can't image 700k on anything (that's a lot of hours in the driver's seat,
eh?)...

Old June 24th 04, 05:01 PM
Justin

"Jonnie Santos" > wrote in

> ...I've never had any vehicle over 130k other than maybe my import
> pickup who odo's broke at 129,999 miles many years ago. I've got 90k
> on my 97SL2 - can't image 700k on anything (that's a lot of hours in
> the driver's seat, eh?)...

Yeah, most cars/trucks/vans with that kind of mileage were used in some
sort of delivery service for a company. You'd ahve to keep and drive the
same car for 20 years or more to put 700K on it.

Old June 24th 04, 06:44 PM
Blah blah

Yup, thats how their making their living. Most of the vans are late 90's
with vortec engines.

In article <l%sCc.13010$WI2.1304@lakeread05>,
says...

Old June 25th 04, 07:14 AM
Warren

Traded my '93 SC2 on my '04 Ion when the reverse gear went out of the
automatic tranny at 201,201 miles. (I still drove it to the dealership and
it hit 201,219 at the time I got there.) Had replaced alternator twice,
radiator once, motorized restraint (driver's side) twice, driver's side seat
(the metal frame in the back of it broke! But after 169,000 miles...),
and...I added electric windows, which it did not originally come with...

Integra Emissions Failure Dkakd Honda 13 November 8th 04 10:14 AM
2004 Saturn Vue V6 is awsome! Ken R Saturn 9 May 20th 04 03:47 AM
from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant The Espaz Saturn 1 May 18th 04 10:39 PM
HELP: 1993 Saturn SL1 Window Regulator - READ THIS!!! B. Case Saturn 3 May 15th 04 12:56 AM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 07:04 PM