Got a phone call from the Jeep Dealer tonight...

Old April 24th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Got a phone call from the Jeep Dealer tonight...

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
> Dang.. and I thought I was quick to change my mind.
> Or did something terrible happen to it?

i bought the jeep while it was raining (when paint looks its best). when
the sun came out i could see very bad contaminents in the paint. it
literally looked like there were rice crispies up under the paint. there
were places where you could see bare metal that werent painted at all, etc.
after the chrysler rep looked at it they offered to buy it back. ive got a
picture of it at http://7slotgrille.com/jeepers/tj/nathan/index.html and its
described. in my description i wrote that they bought it back after 10
days, but i seem to remember it being less <shrug>. the wifey is eyeballing
an '06 unlimited rubicon hard, we may have another tj in the yard soon.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old April 24th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
: ...
:
: i bought the jeep while it was raining (when paint looks its best). when
: the sun came out i could see very bad contaminents in the paint. it
: literally looked like there were rice crispies up under the paint. there
: were places where you could see bare metal that werent painted at all,
etc.
: after the chrysler rep looked at it they offered to buy it back. ive got
: picture of it at http://7slotgrille.com/jeepers/tj/nathan/index.html and
its
: described. in my description i wrote that they bought it back after 10
: days, but i seem to remember it being less <shrug>. the wifey is
eyeballing
: an '06 unlimited rubicon hard, we may have another tj in the yard soon.
:

The one they took back, is it the one that the name tag was there for?

What a huge disapointment to get something special like that and have it be
no good.

Why did you get rid of all the others?

Old April 24th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
> Why did you get rid of all the others?

having more money than sense. :-) looking back i should of just hung on to
my '00 sahara. i factory ordered my last '05 rubicon, and traded it 3
months later on a new work truck that i needed so that i can pay cash for my
next new jeep.

Old April 24th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

He got ****ed at Daimler Chrysler, after they sued him for stealing their
trademark. Then like a silly little bitch in a VH1 reality show, he cut off
his nose to spite his face, selling his Sahara for a fraction of what he had
in it. I saw the pictures too. The Sahara was barely broken in.

Earle

Old April 24th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
> He got ****ed at Daimler Chrysler, after they sued him for stealing their
> trademark.

stop lying earle. you cling to detail when it suits you, and conveniently
forget it when it doesnt. it is not possible to steal a trademark.

> Then like a silly little bitch in a VH1 reality show, he cut off
> his nose to spite his face, selling his Sahara for a fraction of what he
> had
> in it. I saw the pictures too. The Sahara was barely broken in.

unlike some in here (no names mentioned), im not a one hit wonder. im
consistent for the duration which allows me to buy a jeep any time i want
one.

Old April 24th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

So what IS the story with DC???

Old April 24th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> om...
> > He got ****ed at Daimler Chrysler, after they sued him for stealing

their
> > trademark.

> stop lying earle. you cling to detail when it suits you, and conveniently
> forget it when it doesnt. it is not possible to steal a trademark.
>

> > Then like a silly little bitch in a VH1 reality show, he cut off
> > his nose to spite his face, selling his Sahara for a fraction of what he
> > had
> > in it. I saw the pictures too. The Sahara was barely broken in.

> unlike some in here (no names mentioned), im not a one hit wonder. im
> consistent for the duration which allows me to buy a jeep any time i want
> one.

You swore up and down you would never buy another Daimler Chrysler product,
ever.

Earle

Old April 24th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
. ..
> So what IS the story with DC???

It's on Google, http://groups.google.com

Earle

Old April 25th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
> You swore up and down you would never buy another Daimler Chrysler
> product,
> ever.

and i changed my mind. your point?

Old April 25th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
. ..
> So what IS the story with DC???

see http://7slotgrille.com/multimedia/news.html click the picture for the
video.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
http://7SlotGrille.com
http://InlineDiesel.com
http://BighornRefrigeration.com
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Service: Jeep dealer vs. local mechanic Firebird Jeep 3 March 29th 06 01:48 AM
YJ Breaks down - Bad Triple AAA Experience. Lou Boncek Jeep 9 December 18th 05 10:55 PM
Yet another DUH! Ted B. Driving 60 July 22nd 05 04:47 PM
POLL ::: If the rear differential of a 4WD jeep is overhauled by a Jeep Dealer because of failure aaa Chrysler 38 October 19th 04 05:35 AM