60,000mile Service on 156 2.0 Ts Veloce

Old April 12th 06, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 60,000mile Service on 156 2.0 Ts Veloce

Took the opportuinty to have the timing belt done, plus the full 60K
miles service (100Km?) including spark plugs.

Needed new back brake pads and disks, and new handbrake cables.

Just over £800. Car feels like brand new! I think this was good Value
For Money. Comments?

Old April 12th 06, 11:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
> Took the opportuinty to have the timing belt done, plus the full 60K miles
> service (100Km?) including spark plugs.
>
> Needed new back brake pads and disks, and new handbrake cables.
>
> Just over £800. Car feels like brand new! I think this was good Value
> For Money. Comments?

£800 for brakes, service and timing belt IMHO is a rip-off

I recently bought brake pads of the net and fitted them myself following a
guide in a halfords service book. Now I am no engineer but it saved me a
small fortune. And to be honest I knew I had a decent job done.

A car always feels better after a service because you half expect it too...

Old April 12th 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Domestos wrote:
> "Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
>> Took the opportuinty to have the timing belt done, plus the full 60K miles
>> service (100Km?) including spark plugs.
>>
>> Needed new back brake pads and disks, and new handbrake cables.
>>
>> Just over £800. Car feels like brand new! I think this was good Value
>> For Money. Comments?

> £800 for brakes, service and timing belt IMHO is a rip-off

Sounds about right to me. £100+ worth of (8) spark plugs, plus discs on
top of a service, brake pad and cambelt change. Soon adds up.
Old April 12th 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Domestos wrote:
>> "Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
>>> Took the opportuinty to have the timing belt done, plus the full 60K
>>> miles service (100Km?) including spark plugs.
>>>
>>> Needed new back brake pads and disks, and new handbrake cables.
>>>
>>> Just over £800. Car feels like brand new! I think this was good Value
>>> For Money. Comments?

>> £800 for brakes, service and timing belt IMHO is a rip-off

> Sounds about right to me. £100+ worth of (8) spark plugs, plus discs on
> top of a service, brake pad and cambelt change. Soon adds up.

i'd totally agree - it does sound right - for an alfa dealer - but its still
a rip off which ever way you look at it

Old April 18th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Graeme Cosgrove wrote:
> Took the opportuinty to have the timing belt done, plus the full 60K
> miles service (100Km?) including spark plugs.
>
> Needed new back brake pads and disks, and new handbrake cables.
>
> Just over £800. Car feels like brand new! I think this was good Value
> For Money. Comments?

Had the 60k mile service done on my 156 2.0 W reg (2000 plate) in Sept
last year. Got the cambelt, tensioners and variator done at the same
time. Cost about £650 at the alfa workshop (Jamie Porter's place) in
Royston.
Looking forward to a cheaper one this year (although the idle actuator
needs changing!)...