Service: Jeep dealer vs. local mechanic

Old March 27th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Service: Jeep dealer vs. local mechanic

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo, I am getting code P0301 with the check
engine light. That means misfire in cylinder #1. So the question is...should
I take it to my Jeep dealer or the local mechanic.
I am always leary of the dealer (high prices) and afraid the local guy will
screw it up...
I am leaning to the dealer....just curious what most of you Jeep owners do.

Old March 28th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi

How do you reset the computer?

Old March 28th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Disconnect the battery for a minute or so.

Earle

Old March 29th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

dido that statement! buy some champion spark plugs, look at the coilpac and
remove the 4 13 mm bolts, pull up on coilpac and then u can get to the plugs
real easy to do but a good mechanic can do it! the jeep dealer will try and sell
u the moon and the stars when u just need the sun