Following the ABS troubleshooting steps; Have any suggestions?

Old April 11th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Following the ABS troubleshooting steps; Have any suggestions?

So you are basically saying that you have one shorted out ABS sensor
and the light is on bitching about it.

I would just replace the sensor......

You could always just pull the light bulb that is annoying you or put
some black elictrical tape over it.....
;-)

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 15th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the
ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong
w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however.
The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid
from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit.
There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It
is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can
get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's
got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but
what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that
is the correct size to turn the valve open.
What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993
honda Accord?

I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)

thanks all!

Old April 15th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

"scube" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the
> ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong
> w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however.
> The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid
> from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit.
> There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It
> is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can
> get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's
> got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but
> what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that
> is the correct size to turn the valve open.
> What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993
> honda Accord?
>
> I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)
>
> thanks all!

You may find a 12 point socket will fit the screw. Honda seems to be in love
with 12-points.

Mike

Old April 16th 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

scube wrote:
> There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It
> is a square headed screw

square head (sticking out), or recessed square drive? seems every "150+
piece" drive bit set i get as a gift comes with square, torx, star, hex,
etc... crap i never use. 145 bits i never even touch
Old April 16th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Michael Pardee wrote:
> "scube" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the
>> ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong
>> w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however.
>> The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid
>> from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit.
>> There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It
>> is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can
>> get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's
>> got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but
>> what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that
>> is the correct size to turn the valve open.
>> What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993
>> honda Accord?
>>
>> I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)
>>
>> thanks all!
>>

> You may find a 12 point socket will fit the screw. Honda seems to be in love
> with 12-points.
>
> Mike

yup. id suggest going to wally world and buying a "drive bit" set... as
big a set as you can find, with all the bits. see if anything fits. if
so? good! if not?

either way, you can return it save that receipt!
Old April 16th 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

scube wrote:

> Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the
> ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong
> w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however.
> The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid
> from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit.
> There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It
> is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can
> get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's
> got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but
> what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that
> is the correct size to turn the valve open.
> What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993
> honda Accord?
>
> I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)
>
> thanks all!

--------------------------------------

8 or 10 mm combination wrench and a chunk of clear tubing from the wine
making store. Bleed it several times, exercise the ABS HARD (gravel
road) as soon as you can get it to keep the light off, and bleed it
again. Lay damp rags around where you're working, and wash with water
any spills.

'Curly'
Old April 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

The manual says to hook the ALB checker to the ABS control
unit and that can simulate the wheels skidding and pressurize the
system.

I don't have an ALB checker, so..

Instead I should bleed from the high pressure valve a few times and
then skid my car on some gravel? Then bleed it again?
Does the pump have to run a little bit to build up pressure to bleed
again?

I have an 8mm socket which won't fit, maybe the thru-hole on the
socket isn't big enough for the nipple. I've seen the 8mm/10mm bleeder
wrench at Autozone. This is what I should use? how about a regular
8mm box end wrench?

Thanks all...