Power windows in 2004 Jeep Liberty

Old October 18th 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gary

Default Power windows in 2004 Jeep Liberty

The glass on the right front window has intermittently stopped going
UP when I use the switch on the console. (If I continue fiddling with
the swictch, the glass will eventually go up).

Is this a problem with the switch, the window regular and/or other
mechanism?
Old October 18th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

GARY > wrote in
:

> The glass on the right front window has intermittently stopped going
> UP when I use the switch on the console. (If I continue fiddling with
> the swictch, the glass will eventually go up).
>
> Is this a problem with the switch, the window regular and/or other
> mechanism?

If I stop a electric toy car from moving forward by stopping it with my
hand, does that mean the motor in the car or any of the electrics don't
work any more?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old October 18th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gary

On Oct 17, 7:02*pm, chuckcar > wrote:
> GARY > wrote :
>
> > The glass on the right front window has intermittently stopped going
> > UP when I use the switch on the console. (If I continue fiddling with
> > the swictch, the glass will eventually go up).

> > Is this a problem with the switch, the window regular and/or other
> > mechanism?

> If I stop a electric toy car from moving forward by stopping it with my
> hand, does that mean the motor in the car or any of the electrics don't
> work any more?
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )

I'm not stopping the window with my hand!!!
Old October 18th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

GARY > wrote in
:

> On Oct 17, 7:02*pm, chuckcar > wrote:
>> GARY > wrote
>> innews:0a113102-e1d7-4503-a95b-b

> :
>>
>> > The glass on the right front window has intermittently stopped
>> > going UP when I use the switch on the console. (If I continue
>> > fiddling with the swictch, the glass will eventually go up).

>> > Is this a problem with the switch, the window regular and/or other
>> > mechanism?

>> If I stop a electric toy car from moving forward by stopping it with
>> my hand, does that mean the motor in the car or any of the electrics
>> don't work any more?
>>

> I'm not stopping the window with my hand!!!

Sigh. I never said you were, but something in there could easily be
blocking it. Or there could be a mechanical problem that stops it from
coming up. Taking off the inside of the door would be the first thing to
do. Or have a mechanic do it if you're not mechanically enclined.
There's nothing that can be done otherwise, there's nothing to test or
fix on the outside. Aside from the full details of thing along the lines
of what m6onz5a asked.

Endlessly fidling with the switch may very well burn out the motor, which
would up the cost of repair significantly.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )