90 XJ Fog lights

Old June 20th 05, 01:09 AM
Dana Rohleder

Default 90 XJ Fog lights

Does anyone know how the fog light wiring was routed from the factory? Were
the wires routed through the grille or between the grille and the top of thr
bumper? Were the connectors behind the grille/bumper, or out in front by the
lamps themselves? My project LTD came without the lamps, but with the wiring
pushed behind the bumper and the downstream wires cut, so I can't tell the
way it was set up originally. Also, the replacement front bumper has two
holes where each lamp mounts, but the lamp only has a single bolt. Does
anyone know what the second hole is for?? Were the wires routed through the
extra hole and connected behind the bumper?

--
Dana Rohleder
Port Kent, NY

Old June 21st 05, 07:20 PM
Kevin in San Diego

The fog lights come off a harness near the battery and then drop down and
are routed in the front bumper. The connnectors are in the bumper. the wires
from the light go through the hollow mounting bolt into the bumper.
KH