2004 Wrangler X Wheel and Tire Question

Old February 16th 05, 02:52 PM
wampagoalie

Default 2004 Wrangler X Wheel and Tire Question

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2004 Wrangler X, 5 Speed, 6 cyl. and would like to buy
aftermarket wheels and bigger tires. I don't want any tire rub, don't
take it off road much, and am not really looking to do a huge lift. I
need the car more for commuting than off roading.

The wheel I want is the 352 Cragar. How big of a tire can I add to
that wheel and not have wheel rub? Is there something more I have to
do to make sure I don't get wheel rub? Any links to help me out?
Thanks again guys

Dan

Old February 16th 05, 04:42 PM
IsellJeeps

32X 12.50s will fit but if you decide togo offroad or you hit a speedbump to
fast the tire can come up and hit the fender flares.

ups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 05:29 PM
Jerry Bransford

Who makes a 32x12.50?

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old February 16th 05, 05:51 PM
Jeff Strickland

You can put a 31x10.50 on without a lift.

Old February 16th 05, 06:57 PM
Dave Milne

Mickey Thompson Baja Belted.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old February 16th 05, 07:01 PM
Mike Romain

A belted tire handles like crap on road so that tire is only good for
off road, BUT, that tire won't work off road because it is too wide so
it can only be used where it won't work for ****, on road....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 16th 05, 07:26 PM
Dave Milne

Indeed. Those skinny Avons that came with my first Land Rover were amazingly
effective in the mud.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old February 16th 05, 09:37 PM
IsellJeeps

I MEANT 32X11.50 SORRY

Old February 16th 05, 10:19 PM
Mike Romain

I am running 33x9.5 BFG muds and they are wicked in mud. It almost
makes it no fun any more because they don't spin piles of mud up on the
Jeep. If I have to clean everything under, I want to at least 'look'
like I was mud running dammit.... ;-)

Mike

Old February 17th 05, 12:25 AM
Dave Milne

Last time I went offroading the guy in front spun his tyres and dropped a
clod neatly on top of my head :-)