What's this thing with the wires ?

Old October 13th 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Default What's this thing with the wires ?

Kinda interesting story of a guy that found a tracking device on his
car. Brings up the question if you find something attached to your car
is it yours or does the gov't have the right to demand you return it?
"Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back
A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found
a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of
it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device
was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a
terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.
It took just 48 hours to find out: The device was real, the student
was being secretly tracked and the FBI wanted its expensive device back,
the student told Wired.com in an interview Wednesday"

Read it all,
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...#ixzz12Du5qlLC
Old October 13th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

FatterDumber& Happier Moe > wrote in
:

> Kinda interesting story of a guy that found a tracking device on
> his
> car. Brings up the question if you find something attached to your
> car is it yours or does the gov't have the right to demand you return
> it?
> "Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back
> A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he
> found
> a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of
> it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device
> was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a
> terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.
> It took just 48 hours to find out: The device was real, the student
> was being secretly tracked and the FBI wanted its expensive device
> back, the student told Wired.com in an interview Wednesday"
>
> Read it all,
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ice/#ixzz12Du5
> qlLC

Yeah, yeah. Somone digs out a portable scanner and cons some stupid
journalist into believing that it's what he says it is. One can't help
but wonder what this arab (naturally) is doing that's getting him so
paranoid.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old October 13th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I like the idea about selling it on eBay.

crazy ebay mom
http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay

crazy cuhulin

Old October 13th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

wrote in
:

> I like the idea about selling it on eBay.
>
> crazy ebay mom

http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay

> crazy cuhulin

Another character actor from men in Black... I'm reminded of what Will
Smith told the Bald guy with the goth girlfriend...

There was a documentary I saw about the counter culture artist Robert
Crumb made just before he moved to France. His mother was *really*
wierd. His brother was an even better artist, but had completely lost
it.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old October 13th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
>I like the idea about selling it on eBay.
>
> crazy ebay mom
> http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay
>
> crazy cuhulin

I guess you could have picked it off your car and thrown it in the trash.
You have done no crime by cleaning up your car.
That this guy had an Arabic name tells the story.