performance

Old June 14th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default performance

Hi, I just purchased a msd 6a box and a holley annihilator coil. i am
clueless as to how to install this. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
the car is a 92 sl2.

Old June 14th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article <61c26fe6ec802@uwe>, u21895@uwe says...
> Hi, I just purchased a msd 6a box and a holley annihilator coil. i am
> clueless as to how to install this. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
> the car is a 92 sl2.

Yeah I'm curious how you are going to use those items on a DIS as well.
Old June 16th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

You cannot use these pieces on a DIS ignition. Only ignition system upgrade
compatible with S-Series Saturns is the MSD DIS2. A cam sync generator is
also required for certain years, but I don't recall which. Accel makes a
high-performance replacement coil as well.

The Saturn ignition is very good from the factory. Unless there's something
wrong with yours, or you have a setup that presents problems for the stock
ignition (big shot o' spray, or high-psi turbo), there is no horsepower to
be gained by upgrading the ignition. The money is better spent elsewhere on
something that WILL make a difference.

A good source of info on this and other topics are the forums at
http://www.turbosaturns.net.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old July 5th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

I've seen video online of people who have connected a leaf blower to the
intake to force-feed more air into the motor while on a dyno and it does
make a difference, believe it or not. Do a google search on "leaf blower
dyno" and you'll find info/video.

Those cheapie electric fans that go inline with the air intake to give it
some "boost" are worthless. I've seen one in-person, and the person who
purchased it said that it showed no difference on the dyno. Looked
identical to a computer fan inside a piece of plastic pipe.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

ups.com...

Old July 5th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
wavy

Seriously.
Consider what a leaf blower would do!
[In my thickest Cajun Accent: "You can DO IT"]
-WaV