Condensation removal....

Old December 20th 04, 04:57 PM
ajpdla

Default Condensation removal....

Condensation on the inside windows. I hate it. How do I get rid of it?
What's the cause of it? Why does it take so long to remove with the
defroster? How can I seal up the outside of my car. What's the best way to
check for air/water infiltration. Ugh. Help!

Old December 20th 04, 05:17 PM
Remco

I run my AC briefly to get rid of it.

Not sure if sealing your car would help, if that were possible.
Remember that condensation is due to the humidity in the air and your
car would still contain air, even if sealed.

Remco

Old December 20th 04, 05:22 PM
nobody

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:57:56 -0800, "ajpdla" >
wrote:

>Condensation on the inside windows. I hate it. How do I get rid of it?
>What's the cause of it? Why does it take so long to remove with the
>defroster? How can I seal up the outside of my car. What's the best way to
>check for air/water infiltration. Ugh. Help!

Best way to deal with inside condensation is to use the A/C.

Best way to *avoid* it is to *clean* the inside glass surfaces.
..
Old December 20th 04, 05:35 PM
Philip

"ajpdla" > wrote in message

> Condensation on the inside windows. I hate it. How do I get rid
> of it? What's the cause of it? Why does it take so long to remove
> with the defroster? How can I seal up the outside of my car. What's the
> best way to check for air/water infiltration. Ugh. Help!

As others have and will state, the A/C must be run with the defroster (your
A/C -is- operational, isn't it?). Also, that YOU are in the car ....
BREATHING ... contributes significantly to condensation on your windows. If
you get into the car with WET wearing wet clothing, this too contributes to
window condensation.

--

- Philip

Old December 20th 04, 05:40 PM

If your vehicle is equipped with a manual 'recirc mode' and you
are operating your heating system in the 'recirc mode,' that's
likely your problem. If not, check for a heater core leak

mike hunt

Old December 20th 04, 05:43 PM
C. E. White

ajpdla wrote:

> Condensation on the inside windows. I hate it. How do I get rid of it?
> What's the cause of it? Why does it take so long to remove with the
> defroster? How can I seal up the outside of my car. What's the best way to
> check for air/water infiltration. Ugh. Help!

Sealing up your car will only make things worse - unless of
course you don't have the need to breath. The moisture in
your will condense on the windows. How cold is you climate?
Running the A/C while heating will remove a lot of moisture.
Unfortunately most A/C systems don't run once the
temperature drops below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid using
the recirculate setting. This just allows moisture to build
up in the car.

Regards,

Ed White
Old December 20th 04, 08:43 PM
Abeness

C. E. White wrote:
> Unfortunately most A/C systems don't run once the
> temperature drops below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

I don't believe this holds true for automotive systems. On my old
Pontiac the A/C was directly tied to the defroster setting--switch the
system to defrost, and the A/C was activated. Good way to keep the
compressor oils circulating to keep the seals lubricated, in addition to
removing condensation. Worked at any temp, as I recall, and I move
around NY/New England.

I'll confirm this on my new 94 Civic in a few days, as it has now gotten
cold enough around here to check. Disabling it below 40 degrees would be
idiocy--it's the only way to remove condensation effectively. It is
true, however, that many room A/Cs don't function when the outside temp
is "too low"--which occasionally annoys me.
Old December 20th 04, 10:35 PM
N.E.Ohio Bob

Wet shoes and floor mats aggravate the situation too. bob
Old December 20th 04, 11:04 PM
Ray O

"N.E.Ohio Bob" > wrote in message
> Wet shoes and floor mats aggravate the situation too. bob

So do lengthy discussions on the merits of Toyota vs. Honda vs. Isuzu Vs.
Chrysler Vs. Ford and who shouldda wouldda won the last election
--
Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Old December 20th 04, 11:33 PM
Michael Pardee

"N.E.Ohio Bob" > wrote in message
> Wet shoes and floor mats aggravate the situation too. bob

I always forget that part. The heater gets going and evaporates the water
from around our shoes and mats, then the moist air hits the not-yet-heated
windows.

Mike

Radio removal A4 Bear Audi 10 July 1st 09 10:23 PM
Paintless Dent removal ppp-man BMW 17 January 21st 05 01:30 AM
Audi A3 04 Climate Control Removal Nigel Whitwood Audi 0 October 2nd 04 02:17 PM
92 vette targa top quick removal mod... jameson Corvette 8 October 1st 04 03:15 AM