My 2003 Ion

Old July 8th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default My 2003 Ion

teem wrote:
> Just rolled 48k this week,i pray it holds togeather for another 3
> years.

why don't you think it will ?

Old July 8th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
teem[_1_]

Old July 8th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tom The Great

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 23:43:01 -0500, teem >
wrote:

>Just rolled 48k this week,i pray it holds togeather for another 3
>years.

Pray Hard!

tom
Old July 8th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
kd1yv8

teem wrote:

> Just rolled 48k this week,i pray it holds togeather for another 3
> years.

I pray for other things, but not my car. My 1997 SL2 has 175,000 miles and
is still going strong. I've performed routine maintenance, but have not
had much major go wrong. Motor mounts, brakes, water pump, struts, O2
sensor, that sort of thing. Still has original clutch, no transmission
problems or motor problems.

Take good care of yours.

Old July 9th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
teem[_1_]

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:31:49 -0400, kd1yv8 > wrote:

>teem wrote:
>
>> Just rolled 48k this week,i pray it holds togeather for another 3
>> years.

>I pray for other things, but not my car. My 1997 SL2 has 175,000 miles and
>is still going strong. I've performed routine maintenance, but have not
>had much major go wrong. Motor mounts, brakes, water pump, struts, O2
>sensor, that sort of thing. Still has original clutch, no transmission
>problems or motor problems.
>
>Take good care of yours.

I did take care of my last car,a ford contour-'95,had it for 7
years,had a few recalls,out of the blue the sensor that was supposed
to warn you the front end impact sensor wasn't working in a head
on,paid out of the pocket for that$140.00 or so.That was in the 6th
year.Cars just flat out wear out,thats why i;m praying with this
saturn.
Old July 9th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:31:49 -0400, kd1yv8 > wrote:

>I pray for other things, but not my car. My 1997 SL2 has 175,000 miles and
>is still going strong. I've performed routine maintenance, but have not
>had much major go wrong. Motor mounts, brakes, water pump, struts, O2
>sensor, that sort of thing. Still has original clutch, no transmission
>problems or motor problems.

Tee problem is in that the 2000 and later models are not quite the car
the they earlier models were. Before 2000 GM was still trying to build
a name for them but starting in 2000 they stated to cut corners more
every year to cut costs and boost profit. The automatic tranny used
through 99 was a sturdy unit but it was replaced with a cheaper to
build model in 2000 and will not last as long as some of the older one
did. .
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com