2002 Beetle Turbo Transmission/Overheating issue

Old December 24th 04, 08:26 AM

Default 2002 Beetle Turbo Transmission/Overheating issue

We have been having a problem with our 2002 vw beetle turbo. My
girlfriend drives in crazy bumper to bumper traffic for around and hour
and a half daily. On several occasions, the beetle will act very
bizarre. It won't upsift, shakes, and acts like the brakes are on and
the transmission isn't functioning properly. When we turn off the car
and restart it, the problem goes away...almost as if it has been reset.
The dealership has NO IDEA what is going wrong...they have been unable
to replicate the problem and left us in the dark. The last time this
happened, the car was being driven on the freeway...the car wouldn't go
faster than 10 mph and was at around 6000 rpm. Any ideas???

Old December 24th 04, 07:00 PM
Joseph Meehan

Woodchuck wrote:
> Wish issues like he has a fluid change would be a waste. My bet is on
> internal issues, but the dealer would really need to get it when it's
> messed up.

I agree, but if he does the fluid change himself, and it works, he might
save a lot of pocket change. The fluid change could (although I suspect it
will not) take care of it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old December 24th 04, 07:00 PM
Joseph Meehan

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old December 26th 04, 02:02 AM
Woodchuck

cleaned
½ cup cooking oil
Carrots
onions
broccoli
whole cabbage
fresh green beans
potato
turnip
celery
tomato
½ stick butter
1 cup cooked pasta (macaroni, shells, etc.)

Remove as much meat as possible, cube, and brown in hot oil.
Add a little water, season, then add the carcass.
Simmer for half an hour keeping the stock thick.
Remove the carcass and add the vegetables slowly to the stock,
so that it remains boiling the whole time.
Cover the pot and simmer till vegetables are tender
(2 hours approximately).
Continue seasoning to taste.
Before serving, add butter and pasta,
serve piping with hot bread and butter.

Offspring Rolls

Similar to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat
(of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp).
Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with
a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue,
as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the
morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a
drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
4-6 ounces bamboo shoots
Sherry
chicken broth
oil for deep frying (1 gallon)
Salt
pepper
soy & teriyaki
minced ginger, etc.
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water

Old December 26th 04, 02:30 AM
Woodchuck

Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan
If you are planning a vegetarian meal. Or you could just as well use veal -
after all, you have to be careful - Sicilians are touchy about their young
family members...

6 newborn or veal cutlets
Tomato gravy (see index)
4 cups mozzarella, 1cup parmesan, 1cup romano
Seasoned bread crumbs mixed with
parmesan
romano
salt
pepper
oregano
garlic powder
chopped parsley
Flour
eggwash (eggs and milk)
Peanut oil for frying.

Pound the cutlets.
Dredge in flour, eggs, then the bread crumb mixture.
Fry till golden brown in 350° peanut oil.
In a baking pan, place a layer of gravy,
then one of meat, gravy, and cheese.
Another layer each of meat, gravy, and cheese.
Then bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Serve on hot pasta with romano cheese.

Southern Fried Small-fry

Tastes like fried chicken, which works just as well.
In fact you may want to practice cutting up whole chickens
for frying before you go for the real thing.
Whole chicken is much more efficient and inexpensive than buying pieces.

1 tiny human, cut into pieces
2 cups flour
Onion, garlic
Salt
pepper
garlic powder
cayenne pepper
hot sauce, etc.
Oil for frying

Mix milk, eggs, hot sauce in a bowl, add chopped onion and garlic.
Season the meat liberally, and marinate for several hours.
Place seasoned flour in a paper or plastic shopping bag,
drop pieces in a few a time, shake to coat thoroughly,
then de

PLS HELP 2002 A4 Quattro 1.8 Turbo needs clutch/tranny 20K mi? venezia10 Audi 6 February 16th 05 02:11 AM
New Beetle Tim murphy VW air cooled 9 January 1st 05 05:54 PM
2002 Beetle Turbo Transmission/Overheating issue [email protected] VW water cooled 0 December 24th 04 08:26 AM
88 Lebaron GTS 2.2L Turbo hissing noise Ken Chrysler 6 October 26th 04 01:16 AM