Good car battery to buy?

Old December 20th 04, 06:26 PM

Default Good car battery to buy?

Anyone have advice on a decent "brand" car battery to
buy?

Anything from Walmart worth buying since they are
EVERYWHERE in the US?
Old December 20th 04, 09:39 PM
Steve W.

Wal~Mart are made by Johnson Control. Same outfit that makes Sears Die
Hard, Interstate, Optima, and a lot more.

--
Steve

Old December 20th 04, 10:02 PM
Phil

Exide is pretty high up on the charts for reliability.

Old December 20th 04, 10:56 PM

All the manufacturers in the market make good batteries.
All make them to the price/specs that suit the market position of the customer.
Some require more stringent specs than others, and their customers pay more.
And by the time this is read, Wal-Mart may have a different vendor on their
batteries, and the batteries will look the same.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:39:47 -0500, "Steve W." > wrote:

||Wal~Mart are made by Johnson Control. Same outfit that makes Sears Die
||Hard, Interstate, Optima, and a lot more.
||--
||Steve
> wrote in message
. ..
||> Anyone have advice on a decent "brand" car battery to
||> buy?
||>
||> Anything from Walmart worth buying since they are
||> EVERYWHERE in the US?

|| http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
||-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

Texas Parts Guy
Old December 21st 04, 01:17 AM
Mike Romain

I use my vehicles hard up here in Canada and believe in the widest chain
store that has the best warranty, period!

I buy the best quality one they offer for my application, usually at
least a 5 year warranty and away I go happy. Even more happy one year
later upgrading to a free brand new one on the other side of the country
when it breaks from whatever.

I bought a specialty battery for my newly rebuilt Jeep CJ7, an Optima
and the sucker died from vibration in less than 3 years. It only had an
18 month warranty and cost 3 times the chain store price.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 21st 04, 02:21 AM
frank-in-toronto

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:17:44 -0500, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>I use my vehicles hard up here in Canada and believe in the widest chain
>store that has the best warranty, period!
>
>I buy the best quality one they offer for my application, usually at
>least a 5 year warranty and away I go happy. Even more happy one year
>later upgrading to a free brand new one on the other side of the country
>when it breaks from whatever.

do you mean cdn tire? i buy mine there for the same reason.
but i choose differently. i buy the biggest that will fit
in the tray. most cca. sometimes i really have to tell
the guy-behind-the-counter to just give me what i want.
....thehick

battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 11:54 PM
Alfa Romeo 156 alarm won't turn off problem Alfie Norks Alfa Romeo 14 October 23rd 04 04:33 AM
Good Good Deals! Brendan Carpenter Dodge 0 April 20th 04 04:05 AM
Why Won't a Frozen Battery Start a Vehicle. Denny B General 1 January 30th 04 03:48 AM