Dana 30

Old February 20th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd

Default Dana 30

I may get a Dana 30 out of a 95YJ for my 91 YJ.
Can I use the calipers from my 91 on the 95 axle?

Also does the 95 have the larger TJ style axle ujoints?

Old February 20th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
The Merg

'95 is a YJ, so hypothetically it uses the same ujoints and calipers. I
don't think they changed those between 91-95.
I'm just guessing, though.
Go to a parts website, look up the respective parts for the 91 and the
95 and see if the part #s match.

Old February 20th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JimG

Not sure about the u-joints but the calipers will work. I just did this
same swap on my sons 91 YJ... put in a 95 axle set for the 4.11 gears.

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift
Warn X8000i

Old February 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd

On Feb 20, 3:30 pm, The Merg > wrote:
> '95 is a YJ, so hypothetically it uses the same ujoints and calipers. I
> don't think they changed those between 91-95.
> I'm just guessing, though.
> Go to a parts website, look up the respective parts for the 91 and the
> 95 and see if the part #s match.
>
> ufatbastehd wrote:
> > I may get a Dana 30 out of a 95YJ for my 91 YJ.
> > Can I use the calipers from my 91 on the 95 axle?

> > Also does the 95 have the larger TJ style axle ujoints?

DOH! why did'nt I think of that?

Old February 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

95 they went to 297 Ujoints, 260 prior to that.

Old February 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd

On Feb 20, 3:32 pm, "JimG" > wrote:
> Not sure about the u-joints but the calipers will work. I just did this
> same swap on my sons 91 YJ... put in a 95 axle set for the 4.11 gears.
>
> --
> JimG
> 80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI
> 4.56 Gears, Lock-Right F&R
> 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines
> D44 Rear, D30 Front. SOA
> Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks
> Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
>
> 00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
> 4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
> 33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
> D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift
> Warn X8000i
>
> "ufatbastehd" wrote in message...
> >I may get a Dana 30 out of a 95YJ for my 91 YJ.
> > Can I use the calipers from my 91 on the 95 axle?

> > Also does the 95 have the larger TJ style axle ujoints?

Thanks

Old February 21st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Part numbers won't match, the '95 has a slightly different vacmumn motor
setup. Requires moving the wire from the switch on the firewall down to
the switch on the axle. No big deal, just one of those irritating things.

Old February 21st 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JimG

I did not have to do that... same hook-up on the vacuum disconnect as the 91
axle.

Old February 21st 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Hook up is the same, but you don't have the '4wd' light on the dash.

Old February 21st 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JimG

Sure do... works fine.

"RoyJ" wrote in message...
> Hook up is the same, but you don't have the '4wd' light on the dash.
>
> JimG wrote:
>> I did not have to do that... same hook-up on the vacuum disconnect as the
>> 91 axle.
>>
>> "RoyJ" < wrote in message...
>>
>>>Part numbers won't match, the '95 has a slightly different vacmumn motor
>>>setup. Requires moving the wire from the switch on the firewall down to
>>>the switch on the axle. No big deal, just one of those irritating things.

will dana 35 brakes work with dana 44 axle [email protected] Jeep 8 March 10th 06 06:10 PM
Dana 33,Dana 44, & Dana 60 How to tell apart. [email protected] 4x4 6 April 12th 05 11:53 PM
PTO for Dana 20 Willy Schneider Jeep 2 February 6th 05 02:12 AM
Dana 44 turns into Dana $2000 Rushfn1 Jeep 18 February 4th 05 06:31 AM
1992 F250 Dana 44 or Dana 50? Matt Vorne 4x4 0 October 28th 04 11:54 PM