American vs German Quality

Old December 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:

> > Because I don't care whether you believe me or not.

> Translation: You don't have anything to cite.

Well, I *could* post the e-mail from the Ford platform engineer I've been
conversing with for the last year or so -- he's been through three engines
in his Marauder, and is replacing it with an '05 Pontiac GTO before
there's a chance for a fourth -- but that would be slimy of me, since I
don't have his permission and don't feel like asking for it. I could also
tell you the name of the motor pool manager at UM, but here again, I
don't have his permission, don't feel like asking for it, and he doesn't
need you ringing his phone asking if I'm telling the truth.

Hey, here we go: I could send you to Ford TSBs for the last 6 years. You
don't need my permission to go look at 'em and read up on intake manifold
and cylinder head and oil consumption problems with modular V8s. All you
need is a little self-motivation.

> Then you'll pardon my disbelief.

Naw, not really...I truly don't care what you believe, so why would I
pardon it or reject it?
Old December 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 2nd 04, 09:55 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:

> >>Kind of like how you have no compelling interest in convincing me that
> >>the 3.0L Vulcan engine is garbage?

> > Right. I truly don't care what you think.

> Daniel, why do you have to be such a prick?

Ritz, if you don't like my posts, nobody forces you to read them.

> You make a statement and people ask you what you base that statement on.
> Your reply is basically, kiss my ass

Try reading harder next time. My response was to provide the basis for my
statement. Others then said they don't believe me, and I said "Fine".

> I'm inclined to discount your opinion entirely.

Fine.

DS
Old December 2nd 04, 09:55 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 2nd 04, 09:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:

> > Just because there isn't a handy citation somewhere in the magical
> > world of cyberspace doesn't mean that a statement is untrue. I have
> > also talked to some fleet maintainers who found that in the early
> > years of the Modular they need to keep a strangely large supply of
> > important parts on hand compared to the previous Ford engines and
> > compared to GM and Chrysler engines.

> Well, that doesn't jibe with my first hand experience.

So of course you conclude everyone's lying whose experience differs from
your own experience with a couple cars.

Old December 2nd 04, 09:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 2nd 04, 10:26 PM
Ritz

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:
>

>>>Just because there isn't a handy citation somewhere in the magical
>>>world of cyberspace doesn't mean that a statement is untrue. I have
>>>also talked to some fleet maintainers who found that in the early
>>>years of the Modular they need to keep a strangely large supply of
>>>important parts on hand compared to the previous Ford engines and
>>>compared to GM and Chrysler engines.

>>Well, that doesn't jibe with my first hand experience.

> So of course you conclude everyone's lying whose experience differs from
> your own experience with a couple cars.

What is wrong with you?

I didn't accuse you of lying. I simply asked you for some verifiable
source of information. Instead of supplying one or saying you couldn't,
you behaved rudely. Gee, that's a recipe for trust.

I don't know what your problem is. I hope you figure out why you're
such an angry man and deal with it.

Cheers,

Old December 2nd 04, 10:26 PM
Ritz

Old December 2nd 04, 10:30 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:

> >>Well, that doesn't jibe with my first hand experience.

> > So of course you conclude everyone's lying whose experience differs from
> > your own experience with a couple cars.

> What is wrong with you?

I dislike your attitude. Since the feeling is apparently mutual, I suggest
you quit reading my posts, since they seem to bother you so.
Old December 2nd 04, 10:30 PM
Daniel J. Stern

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Driving lessons in American schools John Rowland Driving 62 December 23rd 04 12:33 AM
German F-1 Calendar Anna Lisa BMW 0 November 25th 04 07:05 AM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM