Thoughts on first Mustang purchase please

Old June 16th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Thoughts on first Mustang purchase please

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:23:46 -0400, "nospam" >
wrote:

>By the way Spike, nice job on the 65!!!
>It looks awesome!

Thanks.... :0) Of course my checkbook no longer looks nice LOL

.. .

--

Spike
Old June 16th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:21:48 -0400, "nospam" >
wrote:

>I was a little appalled at the fact that Blue Mesteno called 71-73 mustangs
>the ugliest ever, and he lists in his signature that he owns one of the
>ugliest cars ford ever built (68 ranchero).
>"Hello, Pot? You're black"
>
>The 71& 72 mustang (stylewise) were only 2nd to the 69 mustang (imho).
>
>At least I don't call people I don't know names like Blue Mesteno does. That
>shows what kind of person he is.
>
>Dave

Nothing wrong with being appalled over someone's choice, but it's
RESPECT to accept that not everyone sees things the same way. Doesn't
matter if it's cars, politics, religion, or what.

And it's RESPECT not to attack someone because their views are
different, or that they might make choices different from ours. What
do insults get them? Surely, they don't expect those they attack to
like them more... or suddenly decide to change their view.

I have just never understood such abusive reactions. It's not like it
will make their lives a living hell if someone doesn't agree with
them. Nobody is going to put out a contract on them for not liking a
particular make, model, year, color, engine, drive train, or whatever.
Maybe I just got old, and respect for others is no longer in vogue.
Kinda like religion, patriotism, manners, etc. Like those people who
leave their cell phones on in theaters and restraints, or don't do
anything about their screaming kids running loose in stores.

Me; I happen to like the 71/72 coupe which is what I had.

And now a few words from our sponsors.... Ford Motor Company and Hertz
:0)
--

Spike
Old June 16th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I'm rebuilding a 72 coupe and one of the reasons I chose it was because its
an uncommon car. You just don't see very many 71-73 coupes anywhere. And at
first I did'nt think too much of the rear, but after a year of working on it
I like it so much better than the fastback. Don't know why exactly, mostly
because its unique.
Thats MY opinion, if you don't agree, fine, but don't make an ass of
yourself disagreeing!
Like my dad used to ask
"why are there more horses asses than there are horses?"

Old June 16th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"nospam" > wrote
>I was a little appalled at the fact that Blue Mesteno called 71-73 mustangs
>the ugliest ever, and he lists in his signature that he owns one of the
>ugliest cars ford ever built (68 ranchero).
> "Hello, Pot? You're black"

I was stating my opinion as I noted at the time. Try reading what I wrote
about Ranchero's again.

> The 71& 72 mustang (stylewise) were only 2nd to the 69 mustang (imho).

Your opinion, of which I agree with only half. See the OTHER half of the
cars in my sigline.

> At least I don't call people I don't know names like Blue Mesteno does.
> That shows what kind of person he is.

What kind of person I am? You don't know me. I don't know you. Plus, I'll
say it again, you need to read my previous posts, but slower next time. I
never did any name calling.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302

Old June 16th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Blue Mesteno" > wrote

> I never did any name calling.

Correction, in the whole of the several posts I made I called a person who's
not willing to list his name or email addy a dumbass, once. OMG NO.
"dumbass" One of the BIGGIES when it comes to insults. Give me a break. If I
was being truly insulting it would've come out more like one of CobraJet's
classic flames.

If I wanted to insult someone, it would've come out more like this...

"****fire! If I was baboon-ugly, had breath like a bath house felch
fest, an IQ that matched my waist size, and a morbid preoccupation with
anal penetration, I could call you Daddy!"- CobraJet

Old June 16th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I respect your opinion Blue Mesteno (even if you called me a dumbass for
liking my 72 mach 1). I've dumped over 8 grand and a ton of work into it and
I like it even if you don't. To each his own.
All mustangs are beautiful!!!
-Dave
(BTW, I don't list my email address because I don't like SPAM, nothing
personal).

Old June 16th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:08:18 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
puked:

>Personally, when they first came out, I thought the 71-73 mustang body was
>hideous. After a few years it has (at least the '71 fastback) grown on me,
>maybe somewhat due to the drivetrain options available, at least in '71,
>being the panicle of FoMoCo's performance offerings for nearly 3 decades to
>follow (If you have never driven a 429CJ car, you don't know what you are
>missing.). That and the '71 being pre plastic bumpers. Having a 1971 sport
>roof ram air, staggered shock, Cleveland car with a '71 429 CJ in it sure
>did not hurt my bonding process. :-) I still think the '71-73 coupe /
>notchback bodies look horrible.

I co-owned a 71 Grande with a green vinyl roof. Have to agree with ya
there...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old June 16th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"nospam" > wrote in message
m...
>I respect your opinion Blue Mesteno (even if you called me a dumbass for
>liking my 72 mach 1). I've dumped over 8 grand and a ton of work into it
>and I like it even if you don't. To each his own.
> All mustangs are beautiful!!!

Actually, I called you a dumbass for not realizing that the 500 was simply
an option group for the Ranchero line, not for liking the 71-73 bodystyle
Mustang. I'd take ANY Mustang over a Ranchero. In my case I had need of
basic transportation and could use the Ranchero, plus it was priced right. I
would rather have a Ranchero 500 than a Saab 900.

Old June 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:25:57 -0600, "Blue Mesteno"
> wrote:

>"Blue Mesteno" > wrote
>
>> I never did any name calling.

>Correction, in the whole of the several posts I made I called a person who's
>not willing to list his name or email addy a dumbass, once. OMG NO.
>"dumbass" One of the BIGGIES when it comes to insults. Give me a break. If I
>was being truly insulting it would've come out more like one of CobraJet's
>classic flames.
>
>If I wanted to insult someone, it would've come out more like this...
>
>"****fire! If I was baboon-ugly, had breath like a bath house felch
>fest, an IQ that matched my waist size, and a morbid preoccupation with
>anal penetration, I could call you Daddy!"- CobraJet

Perhaps, your intent was not to be insulting about a choice of year
and model, but you might make note that more than one person got the
impression that that was your intent. I know I did. If I was in error
on that point, I do apologize. However, it does seem a bit like
working with mental patients who think it is everyone else is wrong.
(No I'm not saying you are a nut. :0) LOL) Somehow, your point did
not come across as you indicate it was intended.
--

Spike