2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

Old July 2nd 05, 03:50 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:47:57 +0000, Matt Whiting wrote:

> Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:
>
>> Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and

>>>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

>>>How do you know that? They may well find and fix the problem and you'll
>>>be good as new, or in this case, better than new.
>>>
>>>Matt

>> Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
>> was "new"....A.D.
>>

> New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are
> defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many
> used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs
> taken care of.
>

> Matt

Pardon me Matt but Angelo has a major defect, it's not a loose piece of
plastic or some other small defect, his transmission isn't working
properly. A new car should be delivered in working order, if it isn't the
dealer should take it back and swap it for a new vehicle. If you bought an
HDTV or a computer and it was defective in anyway the dealer would swap it
for a working one with no hassle at all.

Old July 2nd 05, 04:40 PM
Matt Whiting

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:47:57 +0000, Matt Whiting wrote:
>

>>Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:
>>

>>>Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and

>>>Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
>>>was "new"....A.D.
>>>

>>New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are
>>defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many
>>used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs
>>taken care of.
>>

>>Matt

> Pardon me Matt but Angelo has a major defect, it's not a loose piece of
> plastic or some other small defect, his transmission isn't working
> properly. A new car should be delivered in working order, if it isn't the
> dealer should take it back and swap it for a new vehicle. If you bought an
> HDTV or a computer and it was defective in anyway the dealer would swap it
> for a working one with no hassle at all.

The dealer should fix it, yes, but that doesn't mean they need to swap
it for an entirely new car. The dealer only swaps something like a
computer because it is cheaper for them to swap the entire machine than
to fix it. A car isn't a $500 computer. If the dealer is not able to
fix his car, then, yes, I agree that they should replace it. However,
it sounds like the dealer and Chrysler reps haven't even had a good
chance yet at fixing it. The OP is crying lemon when the process of
fixing the car sounds like it has only begun.

Sure, in an ideal world all cars would be perfect from the factory and
never need anything done to them for 500,000 miles. However, we don't
live in an ideal world. Even the acclaimed Toyota is having its fair
share of misery these days. I just saw another recall in CR for ball
joints on several SUV and truck models.

Matt
Old July 2nd 05, 09:26 PM
maxpower

"Angelo D via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> maxpower wrote:
> >> I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it

and is
> >> now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission

problem
> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >> to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter

concerning the
> >> New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

> >The dealer does not set the guidelines, they have to go by what Chrysler
> >tells them they can do, They cant put you in a new car to drive around.

And
> >the district rep would make all those decisions anyhow. I would not

start
> >bad mouthing the dealer and raising hell with them if they are trying to

do
> >everything they can for you because it the long run it will make things
> >worse.
> >Trust me I understand that you would expect to have a problem free

vehicle

> >after just purchased it but these things happen. Not just with Chrysler

but
> >all makes and models

> >Glenn Beasley
> >Chrysler Tech

> Dear Mr.Beasley~ I wouldn't expect anything less from Chrysler tech.

However,
> as I mentioned in earlier posts.I do not hold the "dealer" rsponsible as

much
> as I do Chrysler.How do you deliver a vehicle to a dealer to sell in this
> condition? Where are the quality standards at the factory? This unit

should
> have been tested before the odometer was connected.Then they would have

found
> the problem,"BEFOREHAND"...but no,,this way they save on the cost of the

unit
> being built on the line and let the dealer worry about it.Let the customer
> suffer the consequences.Why should the paying public have to "get the bugs
> out" of a new design? This is the growing problem in this country.The

public
> be dammed.I know I won't be around to see it,but,,this country is doomed

with
> your train of thought,sorry!

We had a brand new 300c come off the truck and the was PDI (pre delivery
inspection ) done at the shop by one of the technicans, everything passed no
problems.....Vehicle was delivered cust had towed back into shop the next
day with a blown transmission. Fluid everywhere. He was ****ed as you are
now, and I would expect that as I expect you to be ****ed also.
What we found when the transmissin was removed was an extra bolt (from
Assembly) must have dropped from a machine or person on the assembly line
and had lodged somewhere in the bellhousing untill it came loose, These
things do happen. Shoot look at the space shuttle, you would think there
should never be a problem with that machine but it happens.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 2nd 05, 09:29 PM
maxpower

"tim bur" > wrote in message
> have the dealer drop the trans pan and if any white fluid is present then

the
> trans has to be flushed out a couple of times to correct the 4-5 gear

shudder
> from the water getting into the trans fromm the bad seal at the dipstick

tube

> "Angelo D via CarKB.com" wrote:
>
> > I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and

is
> > now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission

problem
> > with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They

have a
> > manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what

they are
> > going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from

Enterprise
> > that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who
> > should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just

spent
> > thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all

records up
> > to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter

concerning the
> > New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..
> >
> > --
> > A. D.

Good point Tim, I saw that about a month ago

Old July 3rd 05, 03:14 AM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> We had a brand new 300c come off the truck and the was PDI (pre delivery
> inspection ) done at the shop by one of the technicans, everything passed
> no
> problems.....Vehicle was delivered cust had towed back into shop the next
> day with a blown transmission. Fluid everywhere. He was ****ed as you are
> now, and I would expect that as I expect you to be ****ed also.
> What we found when the transmissin was removed was an extra bolt (from
> Assembly) must have dropped from a machine or person on the assembly line
> and had lodged somewhere in the bellhousing untill it came loose, These
> things do happen. Shoot look at the space shuttle, you would think there
> should never be a problem with that machine but it happens.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

I accept mechanical problems, even major ones at times. After all, machines
do break down. It is disconcerting to have a major problem like the OP has
after spending so much money. I bought a new Neon in the first model year
from Secuirty Dodge in Amityville, NY. Among many problems, I had three
that caused me to visit the service department ten times. Two of the
problems were noted in TSBs (which I knew about) but the dealer's service
department refused to listen to me. They even attempted to charge me for
blown fog lights after only 8K miles. I pointed out that I had a 3 year 36K
"bumper-to-bumper" warranty as the warranty manual called it. They told me
there was no such thing as a bumper-to-bumper warranty despite the warranty
manual stating such. Talk about idiots! Never got good service from them
and my attempt at arbitration was a miserable experience. The piant on the
car was wearing off and chipping easily but I was out of luck, as the
arbitrator said, because he owned a Neon and wasn't experiencing the
problem. Why I bought another Chrysler is beyond me but I am very happy
with my 300C. What Chrysler has to learn is that the level of customer
service has to brought up a few notches if they expect potential Bimmer,
Merc, and Jag owners to buy a 300. Those dealerships tend to go far beyond
Chrysler in the customer care area.

Old July 3rd 05, 01:00 PM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Matt Whiting wrote:
wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and

>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>> Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
>> was "new"....A.D.

>New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are
>defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many
>used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs
>taken care of.
>
>Matt

Matt,,Since this thread started I have recieved some excellent assistence
from some Chrysler techs,who think they have an idea as to the problem.They
even offered to assist the dealership in question in locating the problem
which they seem to think is a transmission electronic module not manfactured
by Chrysler.
I'll retract the "Lemon" reference only because I see how Chrysler and its
employees are sincerely concerned and are going overboard to help. A.D.

Old July 3rd 05, 02:22 PM
Matt Whiting

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:

> Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and

>>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>
>>>Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
>>>was "new"....A.D.

>>New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are
>>defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many
>>used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs
>>taken care of.
>>
>>Matt

> Matt,,Since this thread started I have recieved some excellent assistence
> from some Chrysler techs,who think they have an idea as to the problem.They
> even offered to assist the dealership in question in locating the problem
> which they seem to think is a transmission electronic module not manfactured
> by Chrysler.
> I'll retract the "Lemon" reference only because I see how Chrysler and its
> employees are sincerely concerned and are going overboard to help. A.D.

Here's hoping they find and fix the problem quickly and get you back on
the road in your own car.

Matt
Old July 5th 05, 07:02 PM
Steve

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:

> Steve,your right,its mechanical device.ok? What I'm bitching about is,at 44k
> where the f&^*k is the factory quality control?How do you deliver a vehicle
> to a dealer to sell in this condition? Your gonna tell me the dealer was
> unaware of this problem? Right! A.D.

Doesn't matter if its 44k$, 440k$, or $0.44. Things break, they have to
be diagnosed, and fixed. Not replaced, fixed. Keep your pants on, quit
trolling this newsgroup, let them fix the problem, and for pete's sake
LEARN TO ATTRIBUTE YOUR FRACKIN' POSTS CORRECTLY.