96 seabring

Old May 12th 05, 06:35 AM
dantzijean

Default 96 seabring

I just bought a used 96 seabring last july. I’ve replaced the entire
engine and valve system ( A $300 job) and it ran perfectly for nearly
two months. Three days ago I went out and it just stalled. It started
sputtering like it was out of gas (but it wasn’t I just filled it the
day before) then as I kept accelerating it just went slower and
slower, until it finally gave out. I tried for about 45 mins to
restart with nothing. This includes putting it in N and stepping on
the gas with nothing. I called a tow and by the time I got it to my
house it started again, with no problems....what gives?

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-9...ict119760.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=581786
Old May 12th 05, 02:31 PM
Bob Shuman

A couple possibilities since you seem to think it was fuel starved: Dirty
fuel filter (not likely if you had not experienced problems when
accelerating to highway speeds previously)? Fuel pump just starting to go
bad (my personal guess of these three)? Intermittent ASD relay?

Other possible causes are a defective crank or cam position sensors, engine
computer, intermittent/poor electrical grounds, or a defective ignition
system.

If it happens again, you need to determine which of the 3 things required
for ignition (fuel/air mixture, compression, and spark) that is not present
then troubleshoot further from there. Your vehicle also has an OBDII
computer and you can read the diagnostic code if the check engine light
was/is lit by turning your ignition key on-off-on-off-on (turn to on but not
start three times and leave on).

Bob

news:1_581786_adf739919b4a7f6a5d54b6522aebc0df@aut oforumz.com...