iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

Old December 9th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

Default iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "PlowBoy," > wrote in message
>

>> Like testicles, he wants it somehow priced so he can race one race, or
>> else it seems too expensive? have you gone to any other thing in your
>> life (except maybe a carnival or 6-flags park type thing) where you got a
>> better deal only buying tickets for the "rides" you want to ride,
>> compared to the all day/all ride pass? no.
>>

> Ok then, why can't I buy x amount of races entries in advance?

NO ****!!!! What the fuk would you be buying if you paid for one month?
DUH!

I dont get it, pay 20 bucks, race 2 races, **** it, call it $10 per race?
Tell me, what "per race" deal you want to pay? I mean we're back to you
agreeing to buy a box of popcorn, but want to pay "per handful?" it takes to
fill the box? what difference will that make? you get a box of corn dude,
or dont. Does Tootsie pop sell suckers by the amount of licks they take?
if so then they are cheap as ****, unless you are like the "wise old owl..."
because he only gets 3 licks ya know.

I dont get where you think the "per race fee" could possibly work out better
deal for you me or ANY One else? I bet I race 8 races a week minimum. so
20-30 races per month, & at 15 bucks a month, that is way less than.75 cents
a race.

You Aren't going to race for free, that is about as plain as it gets. I
think you are trying to do the same math, but yer not the seller. You are
thinking you should be able to race a race for a buck? But you got it
backwards, and the transaction fee on the credit card is more than that.
You know damn well as others do, Everything from Beer or Soda POP, Racing it
is always cheaper if/when you can buy in bulk rate.

Old December 10th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

"Larry" > wrote in message

> The quality of the iRacing Watkins Glen track is surpassed by nothing,
> possibly even the real thing

Hyperbole alert! Ignore the OP because he is FOS.

Old December 10th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Wouldn't quite go as far as saying it's anywhere near RL, but it's
very well done. Going up through the S's FO at over 100MPH with the
blue walls just feet away, knowing one mistake = totalled car and a
lot of bouncing, is a bit more intense than sitting at my computer...

GP

Old December 10th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

The RL starts can be a bit.... hairy as well. This is from the PCA
2008 race at WGI.

http://www.vimeo.com/1122817

8-)
GR

Old December 10th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I actually finished 4th in the fun run IIRC. That's amazing for me LOL

But you're right. A lot wrecked out.

Hey, skill, luck, attrition, I don't care. I'll take the spots

-Larry

news

Old December 10th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

They ARE accurate. Accurate as of the time scanned.

You can't possibly expect them to go spend another 100k for a re-scan every
time they change something?

Even Microsoft upgrades aren't THAT expensive LOL

-Larry

Old December 10th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Oh, so as a non-member you've been able to hack in, see it, determine it's
Hyberbole, and then come to RAS and get your weekly BS out of the way early.

You're welcome.

Old December 13th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Oh, so as a non-member you've been able to hack in, see it, determine it's
> Hyberbole, and then come to RAS and get your weekly BS out of the way
> early.
>
> You're welcome.

Well, it's like this, I'm not paying a monthly fee for any game that forces
its users to user their real name. Too, what's the word? Oh yea, fascist.

Old December 13th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Jonathan Mars" > wrote in message
> "Larry" > wrote in message
>> Oh, so as a non-member you've been able to hack in, see it, determine
>> it's Hyberbole, and then come to RAS and get your weekly BS out of the
>> way early.
>>
>> You're welcome.

> Well, it's like this, I'm not paying a monthly fee for any game that
> forces its users to user their real name. Too, what's the word? Oh yea,
> fascist.

Fascist.....lol. When there are at least several dozen professional drivers
using iRacing right now including Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jacques Villenueve
among many others that don't seem to have problems I sure don't worry. It is
a very nice global community and very enjoyable.

Ed

Old December 16th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message

> "David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message
>>
>> "PlowBoy," > wrote in message
>>

>>> Like testicles, he wants it somehow priced so he can race one race, or
>>> else it seems too expensive? have you gone to any other thing in your
>>> life (except maybe a carnival or 6-flags park type thing) where you got
>>> a better deal only buying tickets for the "rides" you want to ride,
>>> compared to the all day/all ride pass? no.
>>>

>> Ok then, why can't I buy x amount of races entries in advance?

> NO ****!!!! What the fuk would you be buying if you paid for one month?
> DUH!

I have a life. I might only get a chance to race much from month to month.
You can get a pay as you go phone, so why not pay as you go iRacing. I'm not
asking for anything for free, you ****.