Chrysler Group reports quadrupled Q1 profits on U.S. sales increase

Old April 27th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MummyChunk

Default Chrysler Group reports quadrupled Q1 profits on U.S. sales increase

From AB

Chrysler Group First-Quarter 2012 Net Income More Than Quadrupled to
$473 Million
Chrysler Group First-Quarter Modified Operating Profit Increased 55
Percent to $740 Million with Free Cash Flow of $1.7 Billion

• Chrysler Group net income in the first quarter of 2012 more than
quadrupled to $473 million
• Net revenue for the quarter was $16.4 billion, up 25 percent from
$13.1 billion a year ago
• Modified Operating Profit(a) grew to $740 million for the first
quarter, 55 percent higher than a year earlier
• Free Cash Flow(d) for the first quarter totaled $1.7 billion;
Cash(c) ended the quarter at $11.3 billion compared with $9.9 billion
a year ago and $9.6 billion at Dec. 31, 2011
• Net Industrial Debt(e) was reduced to $1.3 billion at March 31,
2012, from $3.4 billion a year ago and $2.9 billion at Dec. 31, 2011
• Worldwide vehicle shipments were 607,000 in the quarter, up 25
percent from 485,000 a year ago
• Worldwide vehicle sales for the first quarter totaled 523,000, up 33
percent from a year ago
• U.S. market share increased to 11.2 percent for the first quarter,
up from 9.2 percent a year ago, driven primarily by a 40 percent
increase in U.S. retail sales. For the first time in its history,
Chrysler was the quarterly market leader in Canada with a share of
15.0 percent
• Chrysler Group achieved its third and final Class B performance
event in January 2012 by committing to produce the fuel-efficient
Dodge Dart, increasing Fiat S.p.A.'s ownership interest to 58.5
percent
April 26, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC today
reported preliminary net income of $473 million for the first quarter
of 2012, up more than 300 percent from $116 million a year ago, driven
primarily by its 40 percent increase in U.S. retail sales.

"Another positive quarter – built on sales gains that have
surpassed the industry average – is affirmation that the Chrysler team
is maintaining its focus," said Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and
Chief Executive Officer of Chrysler Group LLC. "We continue to
deliver on the targets in our five-year plan and are now focused on
successfully launching the Dodge Dart, a car that is a true melding of
Chrysler's and Fiat's engineering and styling strengths."

Revenue for the quarter was $16.4 billion, up 25 percent from $13.1
billion in the first quarter of 2011, driven by a 25 percent
period-over-period increase in shipments and positive pricing.

The Company reported a Modified Operating Profit of $740 million, or
4.5 percent of revenue, in the first quarter, up 55 percent from the
$477 million reported in the prior year. The increase was attributable
to strong volume and pricing, partially offset by unfavorable mix,
higher industrial costs, including new vehicle content enhancements
and engineering, research and development for new models, and
continued marketing efforts.

Old April 28th 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Nobody here cares any more (was: Chrysler Group reports ...)

MummyChunk wrote:

> Chrysler Group First-Quarter 2012 Net Income ...

Nobody here cares anymore about the financial aspect or operations of
the *******ized conglomerate currently known as "Chrysler".

I know that my next car will not be made by that freak of a company - a
pale imitation of it's former self.
Old April 28th 12, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_133_]

boohoo.......

I read up on the company weekly

Old April 30th 12, 09:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:02:14 -0400, MoPar Man > wrote:

>MummyChunk wrote:
>
>> Chrysler Group First-Quarter 2012 Net Income ...

>Nobody here cares anymore about the financial aspect or operations of
>the *******ized conglomerate currently known as "Chrysler".
>
>I know that my next car will not be made by that freak of a company - a
>pale imitation of it's former self.

I care and I doubt I'm alone.
Old April 30th 12, 12:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

ditto