A Worthy Challenger?

Old July 12th 05, 06:55 PM

Default A Worthy Challenger?

This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'03 Focus ZX3

Old July 12th 05, 07:08 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

> This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
> like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

Any two-door, V-8, RWD coupe will get a consideration from me. It
looks good and like I have said before, that car is screaming "MAKE ME A
TWO-DOOR!!!".
Old July 12th 05, 08:23 PM
Victor DiMichina

> This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
> like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '03 Focus ZX3

That is a neat concept. Most of the complaining I've heard about the
Charger is that it's a 4 door. I just don't see that car as
competition to the Mustang market, but a lot of people associate it
with the 'stang/Camarobird pony cars due to their past history.

I see the new charger as a new breed of U.S. sport sedan. Having just
purchased a 2005 Magnum RT with the Hemi (for the wife and future kids),
I must say I'm fond of the cars. They drive beautifully. It will
make a great family car, and it hauls @$$ too.

Vic
2kGT 5m blk
2005 Magnum RT Hemi
Old July 12th 05, 09:36 PM
ZombyWoof

On 12 Jul 2005 10:55:42 -0700, wrote:

>This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
>like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

To gimmicky for me. Some of the correct styling cues are there, but
those big ass rear meats would have to go for something more practical
in day-2-day driving.
--

Please Don't Steal - The Government Hates Competition

ZombyWoof
(take the dogs when replying via e-mail)
Old July 12th 05, 11:39 PM
RichA

On 12 Jul 2005 10:55:42 -0700, wrote:

>This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
>like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

>Patrick
>'93 Cobra
>'03 Focus ZX3

As long as the get rid of that godawful front. Who the F--- would
want muscle car that looks like grampa's pickup truck or a soccer
mom's 4x4??? The rendering of the car is ok, one scoop is "off"
but the 'Cuda style grill and lights look good.

Old July 13th 05, 01:39 AM
Joe

wrote in news:1121190942.830467.219550
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
> like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307

> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '03 Focus ZX3

Well, I didn't trade in the Mustang for the Dodge (and I never would),
but that thing is neat.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old July 13th 05, 06:58 AM
RichA

:

>> This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
>> like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?
>>
>> http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307
>>
>> Patrick
>> '93 Cobra
>> '03 Focus ZX3

>Well, I didn't trade in the Mustang for the Dodge (and I never would),
>but that thing is neat.
>
>Joe
>Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

I have to give it to Chrysler in one category, handling.
They have succeeded in bringing back the TERRIBLE handling
of the 1970s muscle car, the skidpad and slalom figures for
the new Charger are awful. Skidpad Mustang GT, 0.87.
Charger? 0.71.
-Rich
Old July 13th 05, 04:59 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

RichA wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:39:28 GMT, Joe > wrote:

wrote in news:1121190942.830467.219550
:

>>>This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would something
>>>like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?
>>>
>>>http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307
>>>
>>>Patrick
>>>'93 Cobra
>>>'03 Focus ZX3

>>Well, I didn't trade in the Mustang for the Dodge (and I never would),
>>but that thing is neat.
>>
>>Joe
>>Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>>Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> I have to give it to Chrysler in one category, handling.
> They have succeeded in bringing back the TERRIBLE handling
> of the 1970s muscle car, the skidpad and slalom figures for
> the new Charger are awful. Skidpad Mustang GT, 0.87.
> Charger? 0.71.

Did they bring back drum brakes too?
Old July 14th 05, 12:53 AM
Joe

RichA > wrote in news:29b9d1hdh4nqskq7chvfretks9r0ahj5f5
@4ax.com:

wrote:

wrote in news:1121190942.830467.219550
:

>>> This not an official photo. But what do you think? Would

something
>>> like this cause you to trade in your Mustang for a Dodge?
>>>
>>> http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19307
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>> '93 Cobra
>>> '03 Focus ZX3

>>Well, I didn't trade in the Mustang for the Dodge (and I never

would),
>>but that thing is neat.
>>
>>Joe
>>Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>>Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> I have to give it to Chrysler in one category, handling.
> They have succeeded in bringing back the TERRIBLE handling
> of the 1970s muscle car, the skidpad and slalom figures for
> the new Charger are awful. Skidpad Mustang GT, 0.87.
> Charger? 0.71.
> -Rich

So why are you comparing the Charger to the Mustang?
Old July 14th 05, 05:39 AM
RichA

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:53:41 GMT, Joe > wrote:

>RichA > wrote in news:29b9d1hdh4nqskq7chvfretks9r0ahj5f5
:

>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:39:28 GMT, Joe >

>wrote:

wrote in news:1121190942.830467.219550
:

>something

>>>Well, I didn't trade in the Mustang for the Dodge (and I never

>would),
>>>but that thing is neat.
>>>
>>>Joe
>>>Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>>>Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

>> I have to give it to Chrysler in one category, handling.
>> They have succeeded in bringing back the TERRIBLE handling
>> of the 1970s muscle car, the skidpad and slalom figures for
>> the new Charger are awful. Skidpad Mustang GT, 0.87.
>> Charger? 0.71.
>> -Rich

>So why are you comparing the Charger to the Mustang?

Because it's all Chrysler's got that even remotely can be compared to
the Mustang. Lets face it; Chrysler and G.M. would love a car with
the staying power (in terms of sales) of the Mustang.
-Rich