'01 L200 - wiper relays

Old January 30th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ben Johnson

Default '01 L200 - wiper relays

Hello all, long time listener, first time caller.

I've an '01 L200 with approx 63k miles on it, and I've run into my first
electrical frustration. A week ago, my windshield wipers started getting
stuck when turned on to the lowest setting. Where they got stuck at first
was seemingly random, but now they've settled into getting stuck at the 12
o'clock position.

In other words, the wipers start in that position, and after completing one
wipe, get stuck again at 12 o'clock where they should return all the way
down to 3 o'clock.

In either of the faster settings, the wipers complete full cycles with no
problems/sticking. And also, if I depress downwards for a manual cycle, the
wipers return to the "stuck" position.

I'm guessing this is just a relay problem, but haven't had a chance to tear
apart the dash yet. Is this the likely culprit? No other electrical
problems to speak of.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Old February 9th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ben Johnson

fyi, this is some sort of electrical problem, yet to be determined exactly.