2000 Ford Explorer Tire Pressure

Old August 28th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
ejbehnke

Default 2000 Ford Explorer Tire Pressure

I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally
operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out different
and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out?
Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a
Canadian information tag.

Old August 28th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Craig

"ejbehnke" <u25867@uwe> wrote...

>I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally
> operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out
> different
> and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out?
> Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a
> Canadian information tag.

What size tire?

In any event, I bet the proper pressure will be in the neighborhood of 35
psi.

Craig

Old August 29th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Fathergoose

"ejbehnke" <u25867@uwe> wrote in message news:6574ce0c13837@uwe...
>I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally
> operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out
> different
> and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out?
> Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a
> Canadian information tag.

Well, My 2000 Explorer limited says on the door that the tire pressure
should be 207 KPa or 30 Psi cold.

Hope this helps you.

fathergoose

Old August 29th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
ejbehnke via CarKB.com

thank you very much!

Old August 29th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Fathergoose

"Craig" > wrote in message

> "ejbehnke" <u25867@uwe> wrote...
>
>>I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally
>> operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out
>> different
>> and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out?
>> Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a
>> Canadian information tag.

> What size tire?
>
> In any event, I bet the proper pressure will be in the neighborhood of 35
> psi.
>
> Craig

===================================
Yes good point.

I told what my 2000 Limited said on the door but I run a little more than
what the door says with the Michelins I have on the vehicle.
About what you said....~35 psi from memory....I think I will check and post
back.
In the AM...

fathergoose

Old August 29th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

My 97 Explorer XLT specifies 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the rear.

Old August 29th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
stevie

Didn't Ford adjust recommended tire pressures due to Firestone recall.

i don't remember details, but I seem to recall that Ford changed what they
originally had recommended.

Old August 30th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

That was for the earlier models, like my '92, where Ford originally
recommended 26 psi. They went to 30 after the Firestone thing
started. My '99 EB had a recommended pressure of 30, which should
match the '00. My '05 has a recommended pressure of 35 psi.

By the way, a lot was said about the low tire pressure recommendation
on the early models. I recently had my daughter's Honda CR-V serviced
and - guess what - the recommended tire pressure is 26 psi.
Interesting!

Old September 1st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
shizznick

If you have any doubt... inflate to what your tire says. You may lose some
comfort in the ride, but won't have the fear of a blowout due to under
inflation. A peace of mind that I choose for my family's lives.

"Big Shoe" > wrote in message
> That was for the earlier models, like my '92, where Ford originally
> recommended 26 psi. They went to 30 after the Firestone thing
> started. My '99 EB had a recommended pressure of 30, which should
> match the '00. My '05 has a recommended pressure of 35 psi.
>
> By the way, a lot was said about the low tire pressure recommendation
> on the early models. I recently had my daughter's Honda CR-V serviced
> and - guess what - the recommended tire pressure is 26 psi.
> Interesting!
>
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:51:47 -0500, "stevie" > wrote:
>
>>Didn't Ford adjust recommended tire pressures due to Firestone recall.
>>
>>i don't remember details, but I seem to recall that Ford changed what they
>>originally had recommended.
>>"ejbehnke" <u25867@uwe> wrote in message news:6574ce0c13837@uwe...
>>I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally
>>operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out
>>different
>>and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out?
>>Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a
>>Canadian information tag.

Tire air pressure question tomkanpa Chrysler 7 January 29th 06 05:12 AM
2000 ford explorer [email protected] Ford Explorer 2 November 28th 05 06:28 PM
-= REQ: TSBs for 2000 Ford Explorer - See Inside =- Tman-Z Ford Explorer 0 October 7th 05 02:51 PM
Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Technology 58 September 2nd 05 06:47 AM
98 Ford Explorer Oil Pressure Guage kevins25 Ford Explorer 0 January 3rd 05 09:08 PM