Vette spurting/misfiring this morning

Old December 27th 04, 11:54 PM
Empty3

Default Vette spurting/misfiring this morning

Any clues as to what caused my 90 Vette to spurt and misfire this morning.
Because of the cooler temperatures, I've been running the car about every 3
days.
This morning, upon starting, it just kept misfiring and would turn off.
After about
the 4th attempt (after I had checked all sparkplug connections, wiring,
anything else
I thought could be loose), I simply floored it, it stayed running and
smoothed out.
Its been running smooth since then, possible problems?
1. Injector clogged up - possibly fuel filter needs replacing
2. Air filter (though it was cleaned about 1,500 miles ago - K&N)
3. A spark plug is faulty?

Any ideas? As always, all help, leads and comments are appreciated.

Empty3 - Houston
1990 Vette

Old December 28th 04, 03:08 AM
RS

if was a sparkplug or wire problem it would trigger a check engine code
my guess is 14 year old injectors

Old December 28th 04, 03:08 AM
RS

Old December 28th 04, 03:49 AM
Empty3

"RS" > wrote in message news:m64Ad.15254$vF5.4694@trndny07...
> if was a sparkplug or wire problem it would trigger a check engine code
> my guess is 14 year old injectors

No engine codes come up via "service engine soon" light, but I do know my
injectors
caused problems with my emissions. Perhaps your right, thanks.

Old December 28th 04, 03:49 AM
Empty3