Both front power windows won't work

Old July 21st 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
staba

Default Both front power windows won't work

All,
I have a 95 Explorer XLT 4 door, 140,000 miles. The other day I put
both front power windows down and now they won't come up. The back
ones work fine from the switches on the Drivers door. I check trouble
codes and got 543 and 111. I took the driver side door panel off and
when I press the switch, I get 12 volts at the connector to the window
motor. Anyone have any ideas about this? I at least need a way to
manually get the windows up. It's kept outside. Thanks.
Jay
Old July 24th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Broken wires in the bellows between the door and the A pillar.... but what
the **** do I know?

Old July 25th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
sparky01

Damn Jim; it's good to see you post again , ya grouchy "ol" cuss. Plus you
are right on target with the "bellows" I had the same problem on my
99,Limited, before I traded it last month! I found that an Xacto knife does
a clean job and can be repaired without much problem after you splice the
wire (s). I traded for a 2006 Limited (again), so hopefully won't be posting
again :>))

Stay Kool, Guy.

Bill in Plano Texas

Old July 25th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Me grouchy? You don't want to see me on a bad day 8^)

If you open the dictionary to "pussycat" there is a picture of....... well,
it could look like me...

Maybe

Old August 1st 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
staba

Just wanted to update and end the thread. I didn't have the time to
diagnose and fix it myself because I was going away. So it was taken
to the dealer while I was away. Their diagnosis was two bad motors.

Jay

Old August 1st 10, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

I've been a tech for more years than most of you guys have been "none
virgins". That diagnosis smells so ****ing bad....

Did you ask for your old parts back?

Old October 3rd 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

It was probably the nylon rollers in the gears and they just replace
the whole motor. Does anyone know why they put those nylon rollers
in there? They don't roll. They don't do anything. They could just
fill the whole space where the rollers are with more plastic and call
it good. What's the purpose of using the non-rolling rollers?

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:14:35 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>I've been a tech for more years than most of you guys have been "none
>virgins". That diagnosis smells so ****ing bad....
>
>Did you ask for your old parts back?
>

>"staba" > wrote in message
>> Just wanted to update and end the thread. I didn't have the time to
>> diagnose and fix it myself because I was going away. So it was taken
>> to the dealer while I was away. Their diagnosis was two bad motors.
>>
>> Jay

Radio, power windows and interior lights do not work Mike Banks Ford Explorer 2 August 14th 09 04:48 PM
Power Windows work/don't work sometimes Leeinwind Dodge 2 May 16th 06 08:56 PM
Accord won't shift out of park, now power windows don't work mklady Honda 2 November 22nd 05 03:11 PM
Electric Windows Won't Work arl4-2 BMW 6 September 5th 05 12:33 AM
Power windows- work for 2 years- THAT'S ALL FOLKS! misterfact Saturn 14 November 23rd 04 02:03 AM