Gauges Going Crazy

Old February 13th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Kimberly

Default Gauges Going Crazy

I have a 2002 L-Series. The change oil light came on not two weeks ago
(not changed yet) but today while picking up my son I turned on the
engine and the Security light, ABS, Service all came on and while
driving home (5 minute drive) the fuel gauge and Temp gauge kept going
down to Empty/Cold respectively then they'd bounce back up. While the
gauges were down the care would studder and all panal lights would
dim.

We have been having issues with a rough idle while stopped in gear or
not. Are these related?

Old February 13th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Paul[_5_]

On Feb 12, 9:33 pm, "Kimberly" > wrote:
> I have a 2002 L-Series. The change oil light came on not two weeks ago
> (not changed yet) but today while picking up my son I turned on the
> engine and the Security light, ABS, Service all came on and while
> driving home (5 minute drive) the fuel gauge and Temp gauge kept going
> down to Empty/Cold respectively then they'd bounce back up. While the
> gauges were down the care would studder and all panal lights would
> dim.
>
> We have been having issues with a rough idle while stopped in gear or
> not. Are these related?

Check your alternator or a lose or dirty connection.

Old February 13th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie

As Paul Wrote, check that the battery and charging system are in good order
first. These cars seem do do strange things at low battery voltages.

AFIK the instrument cluster is driven by the BCM. Best to get the codes read
out first by a good shop and then decide what to tackle. Sounds like a loose
circuit but whether it's a power circuit or the CAN bus, can't say.

Bob
'01 lw300

oups.com...

Gauges Going Crazy Kimberly Saturn 3 February 15th 07 11:31 PM
VW MK2 Gauges [email protected] VW air cooled 5 September 11th 06 04:56 AM
87 YJ Gauges. Charlie Dellacona Jeep 5 January 26th 06 06:50 AM
Earlier post/Crazy Gauges michael Jeep 2 November 10th 05 11:31 PM
Other VW gauges Busahaulic VW air cooled 41 February 23rd 05 02:12 AM