Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Old May 27th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
far off can the Challenger be from production?

Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ise-night.html

Patrick

Old May 27th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

wrote in
ups.com:

> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>
> Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...usive-one-off-
do
> dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
>
> Patrick

Wow! Awesome. Ford has got to up the ante to play this game. And you
can bet they've seen this stuff already.

BTW, further down in the thread there's this site with more Challenger
pix, not to mention the row of Ford GTs (all with Cali tags):
http://www.drewphillipsphotography.com/cc51306

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old May 27th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>
> Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ise-night.html

That's a beautiful thing...

I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.

With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could really
impact
Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old May 27th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"John C." > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
>> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>>
>> Look out, Mustang!
>>

> http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ive-one-off-do
> dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
>>

> That's a beautiful thing...
>
> I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.
>
> With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could
> really impact
> Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all
the good point of the original's body lines.

Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it
with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the
looks.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old May 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> "John C." > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> >> far off can the Challenger be from production?
> >>
> >> Look out, Mustang!
> >>

> > http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ive-one-off-do
> > dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
> >>

> > That's a beautiful thing...
> >
> > I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.
> >
> > With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could
> > really impact
> > Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

> Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all
> the good point of the original's body lines.

It's the only car in recent memory that looks great to me from *every*
angle.

> Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it
> with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

I'm hoping...
The Charger concept certainly got hit with the ugly stick, in the move from
turntable-to-showroom.

> It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the
> looks.

Indeed!
Just give me _that_ body...I'll gladly handle the upgrades as needed.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old May 29th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Independent rear suspension eh?

Old May 29th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Independent rear suspension eh? Of course the Mustang concept had one
too I believe.

Charger NJ Vike Dodge 12 January 13th 06 01:05 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
1995 dodge intrepid cruise control davewillis01 Dodge 4 July 4th 04 05:18 PM
2004 Dodge Intrepid Cruise Control Bill99 Dodge 12 June 11th 04 02:29 AM