BOUGHT A '96 SL 2

Old June 5th 05, 12:47 AM
Elaine again ^,,^

Default BOUGHT A '96 SL 2

FOR $2000, ALL ELECTRIC AND COLOR PURPL AND I CAN RAISE THE SEAT
WHOOPIE. NICER LOOKING THAN THE '95. IT'S GOT 110,000 MILES ON IT. ANY
COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS CAR?

Old June 5th 05, 08:09 AM
Elaine again ^,,^

but it has a substantial tranny leak. i'll take it to my tranny lady and
see if it won't cost too much to repair. if so i'm taking it back to the
dealer.

Old June 6th 05, 01:46 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Elaine again ^,,^" > wrote in message
> FOR $2000, ALL ELECTRIC AND COLOR PURPL AND I CAN RAISE THE SEAT
> WHOOPIE. NICER LOOKING THAN THE '95. IT'S GOT 110,000 MILES ON IT. ANY
> COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS CAR?

my only complaint about the 96 is that it's so ugly. imho the origianl
saturn body (up through 95) was the best looking small car every built; then
in 96 they drove it in the deep end of the ugly pond and it came out worse
looking than a neon. i always figured that's why s series sales peaked in
95 and declined every year after.
ron
94 sl1

Old June 6th 05, 06:34 PM
Elaine again ^,,^

ANd I hate the '95 and earlier bodies and I like the '96;s. I went to
the dealer and saw he's now got a '96 dark green with less mileage, I'm
going to try to turn this one in and buy the green one. Its important to
get a used car with less then 100,000.

Old June 6th 05, 07:07 PM
Oppie

Don't forget the locking gas cap and either 'the club' steering wheel lock
or an attack cat <grin>.
If it were me, I'd put a land mine under the driver's seat... but then
again, with my forgetfulness, I might just forget to put back on the safety
before getting in...

Old June 7th 05, 06:52 AM
Elaine again ^,,^

Unfortunately the green Saturn was sold, but I'll keep asking this
dealer if they got more Saturns, he gets them at auctions. Thanks for
the good advice Oppie, my 5 "attach" cats are useless, they hide under
the bed when strangers approach. Today I'll get an oil change, couldn't
yesterday, JiffyLube said they won't have Saturn oil filters until
tomorrow. Will get a locking gas cap and a Club today.

Old June 7th 05, 04:57 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Elaine again ^,,^" > wrote in message
> ANd I hate the '95 and earlier bodies and I like the '96;s. I went to
> the dealer and saw he's now got a '96 dark green with less mileage, I'm
> going to try to turn this one in and buy the green one. Its important to
> get a used car with less then 100,000.

to each his own although i agree with your taste in color - i'm anxiously
waiting to see how a cypress green ion looks.

i have to admit that the 96 wagon looks pretty good, it was the
humpty-dumpty rear windshield on the 96 sedan i didn't care for. i'll have
to admit that though that the 95 style rear windshield is pretty dated now.

(and i bet i'm still not going to get a mention for typing a whole other
message without once hitting the caps key - my sarcasm is just wasted ...
lol )

ron

Old June 8th 05, 06:18 AM
MR

Hey Ron, I don't know you, I'm just browsing, BUT, you at least used the
shift key for the parentheses.

Old June 8th 05, 04:26 PM
Ron Herfurth

"MR" > wrote in message news:Kcvpe.6734$nk4.3505@trndny01...
> Hey Ron, I don't know you, I'm just browsing, BUT, you at least used the
> shift key for the parentheses.

busted
oh well, I tried