Funny Road Rage Incident

Old June 4th 05, 05:20 AM
The Real Bev

Default Funny Road Rage Incident

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
> left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
> embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
> suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
> MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
> the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
> turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
> Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
> installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
> out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
>
> So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
> "chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
> takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
> the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
> beyond MFFY...
>
> I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
> moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
> line.

The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the bullhorn not
to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped in front of me --
instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they just panic and jam on the
brakes.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 4th 05, 07:14 AM
Ashton Crusher

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:20:40 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
>>
>> Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
>> left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
>> embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
>> suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
>> MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
>> the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
>> turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
>> Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
>> installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
>> out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
>>
>> So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
>> "chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
>> takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
>> the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
>> beyond MFFY...
>>
>> I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
>> moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
>> line.

>The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the bullhorn not
>to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped in front of me --
>instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they just panic and jam on the
>brakes.

Instead of using a PA he should have used a S&W.
Old June 4th 05, 12:48 PM
Nate Nagel

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
> left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
> embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
> suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
> MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
> the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
> turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
> Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
> installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
> out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
>
> So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
> "chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
> takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
> the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
> beyond MFFY...
>
> I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
> moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
> line.

That's not road rage, that;s just stupidity.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old June 4th 05, 12:50 PM
Nate Nagel

The Real Bev wrote:
> "Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
>
>>Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
>>left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
>>embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
>>suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
>>MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
>>the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
>>turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
>>Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
>>installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
>>out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
>>
>>So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
>>"chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
>>takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
>>the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
>>beyond MFFY...
>>
>>I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
>>moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
>>line.

> The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the bullhorn not
> to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped in front of me --
> instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they just panic and jam on the
> brakes.

If they're already stopped what would jamming on the brakes do, I say.

Personally I would have honked at him myself and I would hope that
others would do the same. Again, doing nothing is the same as telling
these people that it's OK to drive around like Mr. Magoo.

nate

Old June 4th 05, 05:19 PM
Jim Yanik

The Real Bev > wrote in
:

> "Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
>>
>> Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
>> left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
>> embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
>> suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
>> MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
>> the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
>> turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
>> Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
>> installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
>> out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
>>
>> So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
>> "chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
>> takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
>> the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
>> beyond MFFY...
>>
>> I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
>> moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
>> line.

> The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the
> bullhorn not to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped
> in front of me -- instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they
> just panic and jam on the brakes.

Sorry,the guy had every right to sound his horn or use his PA system to
alert the MFFY to get moving.The MFFY had ZERO right to block the turn lane
and wait to get back into the thru lanes or make an illegal right turn from
the left turn lane.

If the guy had approached MY car,I would have had my gun out.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old June 5th 05, 12:48 AM
The Real Bev

Nate Nagel wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
> > "Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
> >
> >>Walking back from lunch today I saw a white sedan in the dedicated
> >>left turn lane pull a common bonehead maneuver: once he was solidly
> >>embedded in the left turn lane, with several vehicles behind him, he
> >>suddenly realized he needed to turn RIGHT instead of left. So this
> >>MFFY **** comes to a complete stop, waiting for the heavy traffic in
> >>the through lanes to let him in. Meanwhile, he is blocking the left
> >>turn lane, forcing the vehicles behind hi to miss the green arrow.
> >>Apparently the white pickup truck behind this prick had a PA system
> >>installed, because I heard an amplified voice suddenly start to call
> >>out "C'mon! Move it!!" HILARIOUS!!
> >>
> >>So what does Mr. MFFY do? He gets out of his car and walks back to
> >>"chat" with the guy in the pickup truck! Now I gotta tell ya, that
> >>takes a LOT of gall! To get all uppity when someone calls you out on
> >>the carpet for your own brain damaged move is an order of magnitude
> >>beyond MFFY...
> >>
> >>I waiting a few moments for the brawl to begin, but after a few
> >>moments the MFFY got back into his car and pulled forward to the stop
> >>line.

> > The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the bullhorn not
> > to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped in front of me --
> > instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they just panic and jam on the
> > brakes.

> If they're already stopped what would jamming on the brakes do, I say.

Make them stop longer than they would have if you'd just bit the bullet and
done the silent scream thing.

> Personally I would have honked at him myself and I would hope that
> others would do the same. Again, doing nothing is the same as telling
> these people that it's OK to drive around like Mr. Magoo.

In theory you're right; if we can't actually push them off the road we should
at least try to make them as miserable as possible. My experience, however,
indicates that honking almost never achieves the intended purpose.

Anybody know of something (other than an irate two-year-old) that will
transmit an ear- and window-piercing tone as a substitute for a horn? I'd buy
one if it were cheap enough.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 5th 05, 12:51 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:20:40 -0700, The Real Bev
> > wrote:
>
> >The MFFY did exactly the right thing -- trained the guy with the bullhorn not
> >to use it. That's why I don't honk at old farts stopped in front of me --
> >instead of hurrying up to get out of the way they just panic and jam on the
> >brakes.

> So you're in favor of JLEDI ("just let 'em do it")? How, then, are we
> to train MFFYs not to try these asinine maneuvers?

Of course not, but the MFFY won that round because the bullhorn didn't work --
indeed, using it penalized the user by making the wait even longer. Now if
the guy had had a shotgun he probably would have been given a round of
applause by his fellow motorists.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old June 6th 05, 04:02 AM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 23:14:00 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
> wrote:
>
>>Instead of using a PA he should have used a S&W.

> Or a H&K.

Or just pushed the MFFY driver through the intersection.

Old June 6th 05, 04:05 AM
Brent P

In article <1117885832.0b0e0ef47164429f940359c0267b4b27@teran ews>, Nate Nagel wrote:

> Personally I would have honked at him myself and I would hope that
> others would do the same. Again, doing nothing is the same as telling
> these people that it's OK to drive around like Mr. Magoo.

Exactly. And that was nothing compared to what I yell when I am stuck
behind MFFY and sloth drivers when on the bicycle. I'll embarass a driver
into moving with comments like 'Can you go faster than the bicycle?' and
the like.

Old June 6th 05, 04:39 PM
Ad absurdum per aspera

Great story. Would'a been perfect if he'd stomped back there all full
of himself only to discover that the PA system was the kind that comes
with a police radio.

--Joe