alfa speedline alloy wheels

Old January 3rd 05, 11:41 PM
tjd

Default alfa speedline alloy wheels

I have just purchased some 16" speedline (5 hole) alloys for my 156
(from ebay) and would appreciate a bit of advice. Basically the wheels
didn't come with bolts and my existing bolts (my car currently has some
fairly nasty 15" non-alfa alloys) are slightly longer (by about 5mm)
than the ones the previous owner was using. Can anyone tell me what
length/specification bolts I should use and if my slightly longer bolts
would be a problem to use.

As an aside, does the extra size (my previous wheels are 15") affect
the speedo readings significantly?

thanks!
Tim

Old January 4th 05, 12:56 AM
Alfistagj

15" or 16" as such doesn't say a lot.
What tyre size are you intending to fit.
You should see to it that the dynamic roll circumference is within 2% of the
original tyre size.
Then the deviation from speed is within limits.
There are many calculators on the web to make this calculation (tyre shops
have the figures readily available)

In respect to bolt length:
-1- Assure that the angle of the bolts comply with the angle in the rim
-2- If the bolt is longer, screw the bolt in without the rim and see how far
you can screw the bolt in without the bolt running into the bottom of the
hole or without sticking aout of the back plane. As a rule of thumb, the
length of the thread of the bolt to be turned in should be 1.5 x the
diameter of the bolt. So if the bolt is rd 10mm, it should be screwed in (at
least) 15mm
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"tjd" > schreef in bericht
ups.com...

Old January 4th 05, 07:47 AM
simon

Also..
make sure that the thread profile is the same...
some have a different pitch (Top of one thread tooth to another) 1.25mm as
apposed to 1.5mm. (from memory)
SS

Alfa Manuals and Other Literature For Sale evanwilson Alfa Romeo 1 April 2nd 14 01:27 PM
for sale: a set of 4 panasport 14x6 wheels for an alfa romeo bob wass Alfa Romeo 0 October 25th 04 08:54 PM
alfa gt vs alfa 147 suspension Pete Alfa Romeo 1 July 17th 04 08:09 PM
Alloy Wheels Tom Boltwood Alfa Romeo 14 July 4th 04 10:28 AM
Best place to buy Alfa 147 17" wheels (UK) Extra Alfa Romeo 0 April 27th 04 05:06 PM