82 Plymouth Hoizon HELP!!

Old March 13th 05, 03:17 PM
tlcdac2000

Default 82 Plymouth Hoizon HELP!!

I have an 82 Horizon and after it gets warmed up it spits and spudders? I
had to put a new gas tank on it when I bought it (leaked) It ran fine for
a while then started to die on me. I replaced the fuel filter, pump, and
the control Modul.It acts like its running out of gas thats what it feels
like. But if I let it cool down for a bit it will run again. Can anyone
help me? Thanks Tabitha from Bangor Maine

Old March 17th 05, 11:11 PM
me!

Idles ok.. spits and sputters under load? Ignition OK... Carb is probably
shot.. pull the wire off going to the top of the carb bowl, tape it so it
doesn't short and try that.. can't remember the color been a LONG time..
don't have those old books anymore.. I live in Chicago,, most 20 year old
cars are nothing but red dust now..

You can drive that way if it works.. however don't look for ANY gas
mileage,,, that carb costs about $300 (rebuilt) now ,,,don't think you want
to spend that kind of money on a 20 year old car...

FS 1965 Plymouth Draggin Wagon Dodge 3 February 21st 05 05:16 AM
97 Plymouth Highliner - 2.0 engine/trans body parts FeathersD Dodge 0 November 12th 04 02:44 AM
1985 Plymouth Reliant 2.2L California Smog Check TEST ONLY Donald Erickson General 1 September 4th 04 03:08 AM
getting spare tire off of a Plymouth Voyager...? Help! fear General 3 February 15th 04 04:30 PM